Chapter One

{ Chapter One }

There was a common story that was often told to the graduating students of a prestigious Omega finishing school. The aim was to intimidate those who perhaps had ideas that didn't necessarily conform to society's plans for them. Omega's were expected to look and behave in a certain way— and even though it wasn't a regulation, it was the norm.

The story consisted of an Omega, who thrived in education and was rewarded by pairing with an Alpha of a suitable ranking. Said Alpha was in the top-tier of a certain branch of the military and was the envy of many around him. He received the utmost respect, even if he didn't command it. And as a pair, they were beautifully matched and meticulously private even though their faces were well-known. But it wasn't long after that when the Alpha himself was pronounced KIA.

The couple were still considered newly-weds, and the Omega still young, so the governing-body set their sights on remarrying him to another. Prestigious bloodlines were paramount, so Omega's were in high demand. Said governing-body also couldn't waste the opportunity of solidifying their control by receiving support courtesy of the influential investors who represented the family of whom they had decided the Omega would eventually marry into. Which is—of course— a part of the story which was conveniently absent when retold to the impressionable students.

Instead what was presented was a fine-tuned web of lies, depicting an ungrateful Omega who blatantly refused their aid. On top of that, he turned down any mention of remarriage. But as it turned out, this particular Omega also happened to be with-child. Which always elicited a pitiful response when people heard it. As all high-society Omega's knew, from the toxic whispering of their own parents, that an Omega who carries the child of another Alpha— and intends to keep it— was one that would be considered undesirable.

But to attend the certain finishing school, an Omega had to previously come from a background of substantial wealth. So on top of the inherited riches the Omega from the story obtained after his parent's passing when he was younger, he also found himself with a larger sum of money which came-about through his mate's conscientious spending. It left the young man, who remained absolute in his opinion of remarriage, with a lot of money to his name.

Instead of lying low in fear of aggravating the empowered governing-body any further, the Omega used his abundance of wealth and invested wisely. Slapping those in the face who believed Omega's should be subservient. He wanted to guarantee that the fragile life inside of him took it's first breath in a healthy surrounding, and without the feeling of loss from being raised in a single-parent household.

The Omega was ambitious and successful. Which is why that crucial element of the story was also scribbled out of recognition. Instead, opting to speak of an Omega who was cocky with his precarious investments.

They didn't speak of the brave Omega who fought tooth and nail to be the best he could for his child. Suffering for years through relentless heats that nearly broke him both physically and mentally. But he only had to see the chubby-cheeks and hear the toothless giggles from his son, to know it was well worth it.

As his baby grew, the Omega took a back-seat when it came to monitoring the businesses he'd invested money in and happily spent his time doting on his child. And surrounded by copious amounts of love, his son had the best of early-childhoods. But it gradually became blotted when a man, whom the Omega had trusted as his advisor, suddenly expressed his interest in courting the young father.

Back in the finishing school, which was catered towards Omega's from the ages of thirteen through to sixteen, they used this particular Alpha as a case-study. A prime example of a grand manipulator.

Even though the Omega flatly turned him down, he continued to lurk around as an apparent friend and gradually got the young man to lower his defences. Which is when the Alpha took the first step in his reevaluated plan.