Episode One | 01

✧⚫【Episode 1 | Dragon Breath】⚫✧

Akiko, Kōyō's younger sister, was at her grandmother's home

Akiko, Kōyō's younger sister, was at her grandmother's home. The next two days, Akiko had no idea to what was happened, but when she returned home two days after the horror show, there became a crack in her world.

Akiko saw the distraught look on Kōyō's face, and approached her.

"Nee-san? Did something happen.?" Akiko hesitantly asked. Kōyō continued to stare listlessly at the room their mother was in.

"..."

Akiko looked at her older sister. "Nee-san-"

"There was a demon attack two days ago. The helpers are dead, and mother is now blind." The way Kōyō had broken the news to Akiko made her flinch. Akiko looked a the room shakily.

"... Is she... Is she okay now..?"

"Yes. The doctor said earlier that a in a week, she'll be released." Akiko sighed in relief and sat beside Kōyō, looking down at her hands as she fiddled with them.

It was silent, awkwardly silent. Akiko wanted to speak, so so badly, but what was she gonna say? What?

"I have decided." Kōyō suddenly said, and an tense ambience formed.

"What do yo-" Akiko was about to ask when she was interrupted by Kōyō's rapid words.

"I will become a demon slayer, just like mother." And that was all Kōyō said before leaving the place, leaving Akiko who staring at her as she left without slowing a single beat.

That was what Akiko believe she last saw her sister.

She also believes that she lost a fragment of her world.

×|×|×

Kōyō left that very same day, more on by night time, caring the sword her mother used to kill that demon, itself disguise as a parasol (umbrella).

The kimono she wore turned to a make-shift haori clung to her body, wearing a yukata instead to move easily. Red and pink hair let loose, flowing freely in the wind, the shoes she wore, and which were brown laced boots, tapped the pavement.

Kōyō kept walking, memories and words flashing in her head quick.

'Kōyō!~' Her mother called, and Kōyō looked at her with big bright eyes.

'Yes mama?' She went to her, hugging Mari as she layed her head.

'Would you like to see something? A d-a-n-c-e?~' Mari cooed at her daughter, who smiled brightly before nodding her head in excitement, to which Mari chuckled at her adorable daughter.

Kōyō sat down properly as Mari stood up, getting a fan from her dresser, and got her position ready.

Mari looked down, then looked at Kōyō, who has an admiring expression, with a gentle smile. "Watch."

Kōyō stood in front of house, which she is hearing screams from, although muffled.

Without caring much, opened the door.

A woman at the ground shaking, crying, and terrified and a demon with fangs out with claws bloodied.

The woman paid mind to her but the demon focused on the fallen woman.

She spun, the fan opened, and in careful yet graceful moves, danced.

But Kōyō didn't see dances, instead saw how her mother's movement reminded her of the way she held her blade.

And she took memory of it.

She unseated the sword, from a calm teal colour it change to sunset red, and took a breath.

Breath of Dragons : Gold and Sinful Greed

She raised her sword as she rushed towards the demon, and in quick movement by swing it down vertically too fast that the pressure built up, decapitated the demon.

The first kill, and the following of many more.