two.

As the little girl began to stir Lincoln froze, almost as if not moving would make her go back to sleep. He was silent and frozen as his heart raced until their eyes met. He could see fear in her little eyes and his brows furrowed slightly, and then she began to cry.
"Don't cry." He muttered, setting the basket down on the nearest chair and pulling her out of the rather uncomfortable resting place. The little girl was held against his chest and he rocked back and forth, hoping to comfort her a little bit. Blue orbs caught sight of the pacifier that had fallen to the ground at that moment and he stooped down to pick it up. There was dust all over it and he wiped it on his t-shirt, which only got some fuzz on the thing.

"Damn it." He growled, holding the girl in his right arm and the pacifier in his left hand. As quickly, but gently as he could, he went into the kitchen to rinse the pacifier off and then he offered it to the little girl. If this didn't help, he had no clue what else he could do.

Leia's cryings continued all the way to the kitchen as her little frame struggled to stay firm inside his arms. Her eyes were bright red and her cryings caused her little heart to beat quickly inside her chest. Her big blue eyes gazed at the water once he opened the tap. She watched him rinse up her pacifier as it was placed back inside her mouth. She quickly began to suck on it rapidly as her cryings came to a stop. Leia began to rub her eyes with the palm of her hands as her body sank deeper into his chest.

She titled her head up and stared into his eyes for a moment before placing her two chubby hands on the side of his face. She began to run her hands all over his face with a smile forming behind her pacifier. She hurried to pull out her pacifier from her mouth leaving a wet plopping noise as she waved it in front him before she placed it back inside her mouth. A yawn shortly escaped her lips as she began to rub her eyes furiously.

The blond man began to relax a bit when she gladly took the pacifier and it stopped the cries at once. He couldn't help but smile when she rested against his chest. His blue orbs were still looking down at her until she looked back up at him and he smiled faintly. When she began to run her hands over his face he chuckled. The little smile on her face was priceless and when she'd pulled her pacifier out of her mouth to grin at him he laughed and then her mouth was again hidden by the little plug.

"You're sleepy, aren't you?" He whispered to her as he yawned and rubbed her eyes. He walked over to the armchair that sat in his living room. Carefully he sat down and reclined the seat so she could lay down on his chest, because he didn't have a bed that would be safe for her to sleep in without falling out. Gently he ran a hand up and down her back like he could remember his mom doing with his siblings.