She gives me a breathy chuckle, giving me a small nod as she tries to pull her arm away, but I grip her arm and pull her closer to me. Her smile drops as she looks me in the eye and holds her breath. "Right, Angel?"

"Yeah, Cheyenne, of course," she nods quickly, her voice quiet and frail. "I-I'd never let you get hurt. Obviously."

I hold her there for a moment, holding her eye contact just to test her, waiting to see if she might crack. She gulps, blinking between Suki and I, waiting for either of us to say something. I can hear the glass door slide open behind us, but I don't turn, not even as Jokers voice comes from the side of me that Suki isn't standing on.

"Cheyenne," he says, trying to gain my attention. "That's enough."

"I'm coming," I state, still not turning to meet his eye. Joker doesn't move. Everyone is quiet and waiting for the next move. The air around us is even silent, besides the sound of the rain and far off thunder. I'm the first to move.

"Well," I say, standing straight and letting Angel's arm go. She seems to let go of the breath she was holding, her face filling with slight color. "I've got some business to attend to. When billions of dollars go missing, you just don't catch a break, amirite?"

I chuckle as I turn around and motion for Suki to follow me. I could hear Angel force out a chuckle, once again shivering in the cold.

"Oh, yeah, since my money is missing," I chime, turning to look at her again before I step back into the condo. "I'm gonna be spending a lot more time in Gotham. Trust that we'll be seeing you again. Soon."

Silk opens the door for me, but I felt odd. A missing presence behind me. When I turn, Joker is still standing in his spot, back to me, hands resting in a tight grip on his cane. "Joker, are you coming?"

"Give me a minute," he says, barely letting me finish. My eyebrows furrow, noticing the expression on Angels face was reminiscent of someone who had just seen a ghost.

"What happened to "that's enough"?" I ask, taking a step toward him and Angel again.

"Go inside, close the blinds," he says, his voice warning. I'm stunned to silence, but for once I listen to him. When he hears my footsteps, he calls over his shoulder. "I'll be right there."

J O K E R •

" Joker, what the hell!" Angel exclaims once the glass door shuts behind me. Her tone makes my jaw clench. "Why would you bring her here?! H-How did she find me so soon, how did either of you-"

"You're in the Upper East Side, 15 minutes away from the heart of New York, and you have an entire private school of assassins after you," I sneer, taking a step closer to her. "Do you think you're in a good hiding spot?"

"I-" she starts, but I interrupt her again.

"Not only that, you're living off of stolen money," I growl. "You made me think I stole all that money for myself, but here you are on the top floor condo in a high rise. You didn't even owe those sharks all that money, did you? You owed them a tiny little fraction of what you told me."

"Joker, calm down," she says, her tone low. "Cheyenne is going to hear you."

"At this point, I. Don't. Care. You're the one that's gonna be fucked, not me," I remind her. This is when I notice she has tears in her eyes and not only is she shivering from the cold, but also out of fear.

"W-What am I gonna do?" she stutters, wrapping her arms around herself. Lip quivering, she almost folds in on herself. "S-She's gonna kill me..."