The Tour Trappers

Start from the beginning

Geez, what happened to us? This was supposed to be a normal summer vacation. Just us against the world, away from home and our parents! And now look—we're driving away from a monster of both unimaginable horror and... weirdness.

But don't worry, there's a perfectly logical explanation for what's going on... Sort of.

But first, let's start from the beginning.

- - -

Changing to a different scene, the teenager was now standing at a bus stop, alone, reading a book with one hand, while his other hand was in his pocket. A bored expression covered his face, and next to his feet was a duffle bag.

"PATRICK!" a girl's voice shrieked with joy. Before Patrick could prepare himself, the young girl ran at him from the left, dropped her two duffle bags, and jumped onto him, knocking him over on his back as she hugged him. The young boy then approached them with a much calmer tone. Just like the girl, he had a large backpack and a duffle bag in each hand.

"Hey, man," he said. "What's up?"

"Mabel! Get off me!" Patrick demanded, annoyed, as he lifted off the girl, now known as Mabel, and set her on her feet. She giggled and stepped back to stand next to the boy. Patrick got up and dusted himself off. He then smiled and ruffled their heads, making the two kids laugh, and then hugged them.

That's me, Patrick Pines.

Patrick then looked at the boy, who was wearing a greenish-brown ball cap and had a bit of sunscreen on his nose. He then looked at Mabel, who was wearing a short-sleeved pink undershirt underneath a slightly-dark fuchsia sweater with a shooting star with a rainbow-colored tail falling toward the left, a matching headband, a loose purple pencil skirt, and black slipper shoes with white socks.

This guy right here is my cousin, Dipper. And the little bag of sunshine next to him is his twin sister, Mabel.

The reason we're here at a bus stop alone is that my aunt and uncle decided that the twins could use some fresh air, and my parents wanted me to join them. So they gave us bus tickets and we were sent on up north to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon, to stay with our great uncle's place in the woods.

- - -

At Gravity Falls, on the second floor of the house they're going to be staying, the three of them were inside of a large attic, unpacking and setting up their beds for the night. There were three beds, two near a large window with a dresser against the wall between them, and one bed near the door.

Mabel was standing on her bed while hanging posters over her bed. "This attic is amazing," she said, facing her family. "Check out all my splinters!" She held up her hands to show them having multiple size splinters sticking out of them.

Patrick stared at her for a few seconds, before sighing, and started fishing into his backpack. He pulled out a first aid kit, opened it, and took out a pair of tweezers. He then walked over to her. "Mabel, how many times have I done this now," he asked, as he got on one knee and Mabel sat on the edge of the bed before Patrick grabbed her hand to take out the splinters.

"Ten," she admitted with a blush in slight embarrassment.

"Then let's not have an eleventh time, shall we?" Patrick pulled the last splinter out and patted her head, earning a giggle from Mabel.

Dipper was walking backward, looking up at the triangular ceiling, when he backed up into his bed. He stopped when he heard a goat, and turned around to see the animal standing on his bed. "And there's a goat on my bed," he commented.