After the Revolution

"Wow, Tankie! We really did it! The leftist revolution succeeded!" Ancom smiled, quis eyes glowing with happiness.

Commie sighed, knowing why he brought Ancom here.

"Yes... Anarkiddy, the capitalists and fascists of the world have finally been defeated." Commie managed a fake smile.

"Don't think that just because we won, I'm gonna go easy on you. I'm gonna whine and complain any time you tell anyone to do anything! By the way, when am I getting those state-mandated pronouns?" Ancom asked, smiling.

"Anarkiddy, please, let us forget that for now. Simply look at the field we have in front of us. We will till it, soon, as one people." Commie said. He tried to stop his voice from quivering, and keep a calm face. He had to do it. It's what the state requires.

"Haha, okay Tankie, you know I'm just playing. I love you." Ancom said.
Commie's heart skipped a beat. No, he thought. I don't deserve quis affection. Quee's going to die. And I'm going to do it. He took a deep breath.

"Wow, the flowers really are beautiful," Ancom sighed, admiring the beautiful flowers all over the field.

Commie pulled out his gun. It felt heavier than it had ever felt. Why? I've done this so many times to so many ideologies. Doing it to quem would be no problem.
"Yes... Ancom. Just... keep looking at the flowers."

He had the gun pointed to quis head. All he had to do is pull the trigger. It's either this, or quee dies of hunger in the gulags. Just do it already!

Commie couldn't help but reach out for Ancom's hand with his other hand. He stroked quis hand gently. He shut his eyes. 

His index finger turned to jelly. He couldn't. He just couldn't. His eyes welled up as he dropped the gun.

He did not know what was right or wrong anymore. He either do what the state requires, or  abandon it for who he loved so dear.

Ancom noticed Commie softly sobbing under his breath.

"Tankie? Are you okay? What's the matter?" Ancom asked.

Commie shook his head. "It doesn't matter. I just want to tell you I love you too." Ancom beamed. It was all quee ever hoped for. Well, other than pronouns, freedom, and equality.

And they embraced, in the field where one should have dropped dead, and the other should have felt responsible for it.