Meeting the Team

Sitting on my new bed, I sighed, finally finished decorating this dorm room. These dorm rooms are pretty big too, I even got my own bathroom!

It's almost time.

Do I really have to go? I mean, at least I didn't have to go to my classes today, but practice? I really hope these guys are some sort of amateurs, I know they're not, Coach talks about them everytime he helps me with stuff.

I don't think I'm even cutout for this, but as long as it involves volleyball, my father will be proud, so it's whatever for now.

I swear though, if anyone gives me a hard time, I'll smack their head off so fast-

No negative thoughts!

Shut up inner voice.

Okay.

.
.
.
.

Third person POV

"Alright, line up!"

All boys lined up in front of the coach, sweating a bit after doing 100 serves. They all looked confused on why they stopped early. Was this a gift from the heavens that practice ended early? Nope.

"You'll be getting a manager, she just got here today, show her respect."

They all seemed surprised by this. A manager? What for? Did they really need one?

Yes, they really did need one, not a lot of things are organized at all here, but half of them didn't like the idea.

'A manager? I really hope she's experienced with the things she needs to do, it would be useless if she didn't know anything.'

'MANAGER?! A GIRL MANAGER?! WHAT IF SHE IS MEAN?! I'LL JUST SHOW HER I CAN DO COOL SPIKES! DID I LEAVE MY MICROWAVE ON?!'

'She's most likely an idiot. Doesn't matter to me, I don't have to like her.'

"Coach, this seems sudden, is she really needed?" Reon asked, trying to make it sound as nice as possible. A lot of them were thinking the same thing.

He nodded. "Yes, I've took notice that lots of teams have a manager, and if you get hurt during a match, she could help instead of going to the recovery room. I'm sure she'll keep you well organized too."

They still didn't seem to like the idea. Well except for Goshiki and Tendou, they were both thinking the same thing, and that was girl. How could they impress her?

"Uh...where is she exactly?" Semi asked, looking around, since it was almost time to stop practice.

Washijo sweat, she had one job, and she was already late. He was surely going to scold her for this.

.
.
.
.
Back to you

HOLY SHIT, I'M LATE!

I'm totally going to get my ear screamed off by Washijo...

As I ran outside of the dorm building, I fixed my hair, looking all around for the gym. This school uniform doesn't help, this skirt is cute, but it sucks ass to run in!

Is it that big place over there? I'm currently 15 minutes late, I was supposed to get a cool introduction from Coach, but unless he plays it cool, this is just going to be embarrassing.

YES, HERE IT IS!

Do I look presentable? How nice are the players? Are they actually big men? From what I've heard, Shiratorizawa is a powerhouse school, they must be somewhat good.

A cleared my throat and ran in. "HELLO-"

I got smacked extra hard on the back of my head, or sent my body flying a few inches. Yep, I was definitely going to get screamed at by Coach.