Chapter 2: Misfortune

I looked up to the room and it was spinning. A jolting pain struck my head as I slowly pulled myself up. I saw Ely sitting beside me.

"Ely, you ok? Good Morning", A leaned and kissed his cheeks and he nodded as he kissed me back.

"I'm hungry Mahly", he pouted at my face as he grabbed his tummy.

I smiled at him and went on my feet. I let out a small yawn and stretched my body. I checked my phone and it was already 9AM. Good thing my shift starts at 3PM. I still have time to be with Ely.

"You stay here while Mahly is out, Ok? What do you want for breakfast?", I patted his head as he hugged me tight.

"Milk and beef sandwich", we said in unison for I know what exactly he's going to say.

I laughed and tickled him before carrying back to the couch and turned on the TV. His favorite show flashed on the screen.

I looked back to him and mouthed "I love you". before going out. He smiled at me and I shut the door behind.

As I walked down the hall I can't help but think about that girl in the cinema last time. The look on her face almost robbed my ability to sleep and I can't stop thinking about her. I've never been overwhelmed by someone like this before.

My eyes almost popped out of my sockets when a car suddenly stopped in front of me and skrrrrrrt.

"Hey watch out!", I screamed.

Someone slid out of the car. A familiar face wearing a pair of dark jeans and a denim jacke with a plain white inner shirt. His eyes under a pair of what seemed like an expensive specs. And the scent of his perfume lingered in the air like a curse.

"You. We should talk", that chick's boyfriend blurted out with a very commanding voice.

"Wow. Look you almost killed me", I bit my lip in anger at his attitude.

"Well. Apologies. I'll pay the mental damage I have caused you", He took his jacket and threw it inside his car. He walked slowly and looked at me from head to toe.

"You know what? Fuck off! I have a life to move", I returned the same look he gave me but before I could turn around he pulled me back and crashed me back to the wall. I hissed in pain at both of his grip and in the impact.

"I'm gonna tell you this once and one thing only. Stop looking at Tanya, my girlfriend that way. I know your gaze crawl her body and your feelings burning at the though of her", He whispered like a ghost as his grip tightens every moment he speaks. He let go of me and had me stumbled on the ground like a trash.

"Damn you...", I whispered as I wiped the drip of blood crawling down my lips.

"Here", He pulled a handful of bills from his wallet and threw it on me like I was some kind of a whore that he just bought.

"The payment for the mental damage", He mocked my expressions and walked away with a playful expression.

I pulled myself up and dug my face on my bended knees. My fists in a tight grip as the anger surged inside me but I have to get a hold of myself for Ely. I need to be strong for him. I dusted myself off and went straight to the convenience store to buy some food and stuff.

The went by smoothly. I brought Ely to the park and let him play with other kids so his body won't hang on being weak by staying inside. I can't help but smile watching my little brother giggle and laugh as he played along with some other kids.

All in a sudden my phone buzzed,

"Dude", the message showed.
"What?", I moved my thumb to respond.
*Beep*
"Ryan's throwing a party tomorrow, you coming?", message popped up.
"I don't think so. I'm not even invited", I replied with an emoji.
"Oh come on...",