Feeling a weight on him he looked down and saw that Summer was peacefully sleeping. He smiled and used his hand to touch her back. She frowned at the feeling and quickly woke up "The fuc—-Aug! You're awake!" She cheered sitting up on her knees and smothering his face with kisses.

     He wanted to respond but his throat was extremely dry, he looked at Summers half empty water bottle before pointing at it. She quickly got up and twisted the cap off and helped him drink the rest of it.

"Everything hurt mama" He groaned "How many times they got me?"

"Six in the chest and one in your leg" She said "But you're okay now and that's all that matters"

"How long I been out?"

"Tomorrow would've made two weeks and a half"

"Damn" He mumbled

Summer sighed "But your family has been here everyday including my Dad..I'm gonna ring for the nurse so they can check you out"

"Wait not yet.." He grabbed her wrist.

"Why?"

"I wanna just be witchu right nah, das all I want— can we do that?"

Meeting his lips for a kiss she nodded "Yeah baby we can"

••

"Watch your step babe we're almost there" Summer said with a tight grip on his waist while his arm hung around her shoulder

"Watch your step babe we're almost there" Summer said with a tight grip on his waist while his arm hung around her shoulder. On the other side Mr.Banks was helping with most of the weight making sure they got up safely.

With every step August grunted and grimaced because since he was shot in his right thigh as well he could barely put any weight on it and when he did unexplainable pain would shoot throughout his entire body. When they finally got to his door Mr.Banks held onto August while Summer unlocked the door. They walked him into the apartment and sat him comfortably on his living room couch.

"Thank you Daddy" Summer said "I don't know how I would've got him up here alone"

"Yeah thank you Sir..I know you'a busy man and I feel bad fa' you havin ta' come out hea again"

"Oh please it was my choice" He said quickly "I wanted to be sure the two of you got settled in."

Because of August intense injuries he needed someone to be with him 24-7 to help him with his daily tasks like showering, moving around, and other things of that sort. Of course Summer wanted to do that for him so her Dad drove back down to make sure everything was in place and to also teach Summer how to properly care for him since he was an experienced doctor himself.

It took little to no time for Mr.Banks to show Summer how to properly remove and replace his bandages with new ones so he didn't have to stick around for long. "I'm going to start driving back now before it gets to dark are you sure you guys will be alright"