❄Chocolate Peppermint Cookies❄

Two types of Chocolate, Candy Canes, what more could you ask for?

Perfect for gatherings or just for your own pleasure.

Ingredients🎄
○ 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
○ 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
○ 1 tsp. Baking powder
○ 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
○2 cups of bittersweet chocolate chips
○ 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
○ 3/4 cups of sugar
○ 2 large eggs
○ 6 tbsp. Heavy cream
○ 8 Candy Canes

Method

1. Heat oven to 350°F or 176°C

(There were pictures but Wattpad doesn't like me, so no pictures, sorry)

2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper

3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together.

4. Melt half of the chocolate chips in a microwave.

5. Using an electric mixer. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy  for approximately 3  minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the melted chocolate chips and then the flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 of the remaining chocolate chips.

6. Drop rounded tsp. of dough into the baking sheet, spacing them around 2 inches apart, or 5 cm.

7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Rotating halfway through, make sure the cookies are puffed and set. Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes, transferring them to a cooling rack.

8. In a medium, microwave safe bowl, microwave the heavy cream for around 30 seconds, or until simmering.

9. Add the remaining chocolate chips to the cream, and let stand for 1 minute. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.

10. Spread the chocolate mixture on top of each cookie, around 1/2 a tsp. each.

11. Top with crushed candy canes.

12. Refrigerate until set, approximately 20 minutes

 Refrigerate until set, approximately 20 minutes

❄Hope you enjoy!❄

Have a merry Christmas
~ Eva❤