"Uh...mm... Dark. It was really dark..." Alexander murmured, struggling to get up, but he just slumped back down again. I cursed under my breath, then frowned and glanced around. There were two doors to the room. One to the left and one to the right, but both were closed. I looked at the computer monitors, frowning. Several were just dancing with static and a couple more revealed the hallway outside the ballroom, the view of the ballroom from outside, and one in the kitchen.

My stomach churned as I looked closer at the one of the hallway. Streaks of blood skipped through the hallway, as if someone had been dragged. I grimaced, then rose up on my knees further to look at the corpses in the chairs.

Both of their throats had been viciously torn open, blood dripping in tendrils to the floor, making me gag and stumble back against the wall again. As soon as my back hit the wall, though, the door to the right opened. I blinked in surprise as a boy about eight-years-old came in. He was just wiping his red mouth on the back of his hand. His hair was jet black, reminding me of Mark's. His eyes as cold and blue as icicles. He wore a black wool jacket over a white button up shirt and a black waistcoat with matching slacks and shoes.

I instantly recognized him from my visions, making my eyes widen. Behind him came two other vampires, twins from the look of them with short black hair and piercing blue eyes with black turtlenecks and jeans.

"You're Newt!" I exclaimed. Newt stopped, then smiled at me lightly.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Slade Bennett. I'm glad you've woken up. We have much to discuss." He responded politely. I glared at him, leaning forward on my knees, which put me up at his level.

"How did you get into the party?" I demanded. Newt's eyes flickered as he slid his wool jacket off, tossing it onto one of the corpses as if it didn't exist. He smirked at me, then looked at Alexander, who was still trying to breath correctly and lift himself up. Newt smiled shyly at him.

"I want to get married." He said. Alexander blinked and his eyes widened as he jerked his head up to stare at Newt, making me frown in confusion.

"What did you do with Kelly?" He demanded angrily, pausing to wince and cough up a little blood. Newt hummed as he turned away from Alexander to look at his subordinates, who stood perfectly still near the door.

"Kristophe, Claude. Pay close attention. You two need better training in how to interrogate. You lost your tempers with the gentlemen behind us." He told them. Kristophe frowned and Claude gave his head a curious tilt. Newt turned back to me, his expression calm and collected with a faint little smile.

"Now. There is a reason why I collected you as well, Bennett. Your father was a very well known psychic. Very powerful. He had even achieved the ability to talk to the dead. Pretty cool, hm? Of course, usually the spawn is far greater than the original, or so I hear. In any case, I'm at a tight moment right now. See. I don't mean to kill anyone tonight. That's not my intention. Of course, there were some casualties because my subordinates are nothing, but a couple of children." He explained, looking at Alexander, then at Kristophe and Claude.

Kristophe flinched and Claude grimaced, averting his eyes before Alexander's eyes widened in realization. He gritted his teeth and writhed a little more before Newt smiled and went on talking.

"Tonight, I've come to figure out Vladimir's next move. I want to know when would be the perfect time to hit him, and where. Of course, it's difficult to do that with a modern style because of how many firewalls the man has put up and viruses ready to protect against anyone who tried to hack into his data base with all of his plans. So, what better way than the old-fashioned way?" He asked, cocking his head at me.