Chapter Three

Chapter Three (Alexander)

The way to Slade's side of the campus was long and cold.

I shoved my gloved hands into the pockets of my wool jacket, walking through the cold slushy snow on the sidewalks. People rushed back and forth to get to classes, laughing and chattering about things that I'd probably never be able to understand and a pang of jealousy hit me, but I took a deep breath and kept pushing on until I reached the dorms.

I went to the front desk and asked for Slade, saying I had something to return to him. The girl directed me up the stairs and I followed her instructions until I found myself standing in front of room 234. I hesitated to knock and right when I lifted my hand to do so, the door opened and I blinked to see an outrageously tall human.

He had to be at least six foot five with deep dark hair and a pair of dark blue chic glasses hiding his matching eyes. He was wearing a red plaid shirt with black jeans and matching fuzzy socks. He was hardly familiar, which wasn't a surprise seeing as he probably stuck to this side of campus, but he was still outrageously huge. He even had to duck his head a little in the doorway.

"Slade was just talking about you." He deadpanned. I blinked, then peered past him as he stepped aside to reveal their room, which had been rearranged, despite the school rule stating not to. The beds were on opposite sides of the room with a window in between and a laptop sitting at the desk beneath it. Slade was just coming out of the bathroom, his crazy colored hair damp from a shower and his strange colored eyes seeking me out until he smiled, pulling at the long sleeves of his black and white striped shirt.

"I knew ya were comin'! I made Zander open the door, though. I don't mean to sound like a prick or nofin', I just dun wanna touch ya. I might have another episode." He added, heading to the dresser near the front door, taking out a pair of leather gloves to slip on. I nodded slowly, then came inside and Zander shut the door behind me.

"He knows?" I asked, pointing a thumb at Zander, who frowned.

"Why do you think his mom put me in charge of him? I'm part of her coven back in Detroit. The only one this dolt will listen to." He responded, his British accent hardly as thick as Slade's. I frowned and looked at Slade.

"So, your mother is Selene. My sister--"

"Tol' ye about 'er. Yea, I know."

"I know you know." I answered dryly. Slade blushed lightly, laughing uneasily as he ran his fingers through his damp hair, flipping his colorful bangs over his face in attempt to hide it as he plopped down on the bed.

"Sorry 'bout that. I heard ya thoughts before ya said 'em. I'm... not quite sure how to turn 'em off either." He added with a light shrug.

"Trust me, you'll get annoyed eventually." Zander assured as he went over to the desk and sat down, opening up his laptop. I shifted uneasily for a moment before Slade gestured for me to come sit down beside him, which I did.

"I can see lots 'o fings, but there are some fings I just can't see. And one of 'em is why ya here. I dun exactly understand why ya keep comin' up in my dreams and thoughts." He admitted with a shrug. I nibbled my lower lip for a moment.

"I don't want to be nosy, but... Well, I might as well. You saw something yesterday when I touched your shoulder, before you had your seizure. What was it? And do you always have seizures after a vision like that?" I asked. Slade stared at me with those strange colored eyes that seemed to only get paler in the bright lighting of the room.

"Well... Firstly, yes. Every time I have one of them big visions, ones that I can't handle, I freak out like that. Sorry. I was just caught off guard. I've never seen something that... scary before. And I saw my father die two days before he really did die." Slade explained calmly, leaning back on his hands. I blinked.