5) Anne and Richard's first night [Ep 6]

It was weird. It was very weird that he was so nervous, after all, there wasn't nothing new in what he was about to do.

He and Anne were husband and wife now, and it was obvious that they had to consummate the wedding. Anne wasn't a virgin bride, and he wasn't a virgin either. He had a mistress not long ago, but now that he was bonded to her, he would have shared his bed only with his wife.

For all his life he desired Anne, well not all his life, but since he started to look at the girls, he started to try to imagine how could have been Anne underneath her clothes, blushing and feeling ashamed right after because his cousin was the purest girl he ever met. Edward and George always teased him, since he was growing up and starting to give attention to the gentle sex and not only to training and books.

The thought of her at the mercy of Edward of Lancaster tormented him. He couldn't either imagine what she'd been throught.

He kept going back and forth in front of the door where, at St. Martin le Grand, she was staying for months already, and that they had also for that night.

Finally, the ladies in waiting, that his brother sent to serve Anne, came out of the chamber.

"Her Grace the Duchess is ready, my Lord." One of them said, then both made a little curtsy and one of them smiled a little, Richard just nodded nervously. Probably that was one of Edward's mistress.

When the girls were gone, he decided to enter. The chamber was enlighted by candles, since it was night and there wasn't the natural light coming from the window.

The thing that left him with his mouth open was that Anne wasn't waiting for him under the sheets, as he thought, but she was on her feet beside the bed, without clothes.

"I hope that it won't diplease you to find me like this, my Lord." She said, smiling a bit, but she couldn't keep the look at him much longer.

"Do you really believe this could displease me?" He replied, smiling and, while he was approaching her, he undressed himself, careful to not leave Anne's eyes, he wanted to look at her for all the time.

The situation didn't changed that much. Richard could still feel the heart beating fast, and it was like he had forgot how to procede with a woman.

With Kate, the mistress from he had his two children, it was about disperation. He had received the news that Anne was going to marry Lancaster and he got drunk, ending up in Kate's bed, twice. He cared about her, he wasn't the kind of man to go with any harlot as his brother Edward would, but he wasn't sure it was love what he shared with her.

With Anne it would have been about love and he dreamed of that moment for...

Well, finally they were there. Finally he could have touch her skin, entagling the fingers in her golden hair and kiss her whenerever he wanted.

Anne seemed nervous too. She was keeping the look down, sometimes she would raise her eyes to see him, as she wanted to make sure he was really there, and when they were closer, their looks met, to never leave.

It wasn't needed to say much, because they were saying already everything.

Richard noticed that Anne was not relaxing at all, he could feel her trembling under his fingers and he started to caress her arms and her back with his fingers.

"I am not him..." He whispered next to her ear, then kissing her forehead.

"I know..." She answered, smiling and drying away those stupid tears.