4) Anne is back at court [Ep 6]

"Isabel!"

Richard went searching for his cousin, and sister in law, to speak to her.

"Richard, how odd, we never speak..." She started to say, quite surprised, but Richard interrupted her gently.

"Um, I wanted to ask you if I could speak with Anne, she had been at court for a month already and I never got a chance to ask her how she was, and..."

Isabel smiled for a moment, "Oh, it is so sweet of you but, you see, our dear Anne is still shaken dor Tweskbury, and she prefers to not leave her chambers..."

Richard was surprised, he knew that she was indeed shaken, he had seen it personally, but she challenged the King, his brother, with the issue of her mother just a couple of days ago and she didn't seemed still that traumatized to not go out of her chambers and speak with someone else.

"I understand, well, will you tell her that I wish to ask her how she is when you see her?"

"Well, of course!" She replied, making a little curtsy and nod with the head to greet him and then she went away.

Richard frowned. He didn't know what to think, but Isabel would never hurt her sister. George was her guardian, maybe he could have asked him.

The following months, he was sure that he saw Anne with Isabel or on her own, wandering around the palace, but when he tried to reach for her, she would just disappear, like a ghost.

He wanted to speak with Edward about it, but he would have answered that George was her guardian and that he surely knew what was better for her, and if Isabel said she was not feeling well, probably it was the truth.

Maybe his were just illusions for how much he wanted to see her.

After six month, he thought it was another hallucination when he saw her kneel down at the passage of the King. He stopped and told her that they would have met at the garden while everyone was at the celebrations.

When he met George and Isabel, he tried again.

"Oh, Anne is grieving the death of her husband..." Said George, and Isabel had a little convincing look, as his affirmation.

"I see, well, i hope she will feel better soon, i would like to speak with her."

George and Isabel smiled and nodded together. Then, at the announce of the coming of the King and the Queen, they all turned.

Richard had the confirmation of what he was suspecting and he couldn't wait to ask sorry to Anne, he had been honest when he told her that she was going to be safe. He would have never imagined that into his household she would have been a prisoner.