Doyoung placed his cup down again and sighed. "I could only find hints of a trail, this man is very cunning, I don't think what we see on the surface is real"

Jaehyuns eyes widened and he returned to scanning the documents, "So, are you saying the rumours are true?"

"I believe so, but rather than getting further into this I think it's best to leave hearsay alone and keep mum"

"But I need more information, for protection" Jaehyun leaned forward whispering and looking around them.

"You don't understand. Digging up dirt on the mafia is a dangerous game, you might as well dig your own grave!"

"Well then, so be it." The CEO shrugged, "I want solid proof that he is involved in illegal crimes and then I will back off. I'll wire the charge to your account"

The inspector shook his head, "Very well then, I'll contact you once I've found something" he concluded before he got up from the table and exit the cafe leaving Jaehyun alone.

Jaehyun sat down at the table with the envelope tucked under his arm. He gazed into space as he thought of what he should do. He then got up and headed to the Politicians campaign office.

Taeyong finally reached to his apartment and opened the door with bags in his hand holding some takeout he got on the way and his knapsack with his clothes.

He struggled through the front door and dashed straight for the couch. He plopped right on it when he had reached and placed his bags down beside him.

Feeling some pain coming on he dug in his knapsack for the medicines he was given. He went to the kitchen and returned to the couch with a glass of water which he drunk before swallowing a pill. He then removed his shirt and opened the ointment to apply it.

Taeyong struggled to rub it in a circular motion as the doctor had instructed. He looked down at his side seeing the faint discoloration of his skin. He was reminded to how gentle the CEO had handled it and the long stare he gave him.

He recalled a brief moment when the youngers eyes traced over his face and landed.... to his lips?

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Taeyong finished applying the ointment and flicked the television on and began to browse the channels. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out and saw that he had received a text.

Hyunjin:
Boss wants you here,
come right now

Tai:
On my way

He then dressed and headed to the front door grabbing his helmet on the rack before exiting to go to the club.

-----

Taeyong arrived at the club and walked straight in going to the restricted area, approaching the office. He paused when he heard a loud crash like something was shattered.

"That son of a bitch!" He heard the boss yell before he knocked the office door and was told to come in.

When Taeyong entered he noted a broken picture frame on the floor next to a wall.

"Great, Tai! I need an update. Have you gotten the deed?" the man asked as he perched over the desk.

"Not yet, I haven't gone to the office today."