Chapter 4

I crossed my fingers under the table, hoping, wishing even, that he doesn't sit next to me. I don't want to explain why I acted so weird 5 minutes ago. It's not even that I don't want to it's that I don't know how to explain it.
Jaxon searched the room until his eyes landed on mine, he stared for a few seconds then walked over and sat down next to me.
"What was tha-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.
"It was nothing." I said bluntly.
"I was just in a hurry to get to class, I was going to be late."
"And are you going to explain why your'e wearing sunglasses inside, it's not exactly sunny inside, or outside it's actually cloudy and raining right now."
"I- erm I have a hangover...yeah a really bad one, the lighting is hurting my head." I replied.
"Anyway I don't need to explain myself to you, just leave it okay."
He stood up and walked over to the light switch, he flicked the switch and turned the light off, I know what he's doing.
"Sorry sir I have a headache the lights hurting my head." He said.
"It's fine Jaxon, just ask next time." The teacher replied.
"Will do sir."
He looked at me, then he dropped his pen and it landed under my seat.
"Here I'll grab it for you." I said.
As I leant down to grab it he knocked the glasses off my face.
"Shit, I'm sorry Jessica, I'll get them for you." He said.
He grabbed them before I could, I slowly lifted my head up.
My black eye was now on show to him, there was no point in even trying to hide it, someone would of found out about my bruises sooner or later, I just wish I could of hidden them a bit longer.
He looked shocked, his jaw dropped, but then it turned from shock to anger.. I think it's anger, yeah, definitely anger.
"Who the fuck did that to you?" He questioned me furiously.
"No one." I replied bluntly.
"Well someone obviously did otherwise you wouldn't have a fucking black eye!" He whispered loudly.
"I tripped and hit my face." I replied.
"Yeah because I believe that." He said sarcastically.
"Why do you care anyway? It's my problem not yours." I said.
"So your admitting there's a problem going on that you think you can solve on your own." He said.
"Yes. No. I mean..." I stuttered.
"Do you have anymo-" he said but once again I cut him off.
"No I don't." I replied quickly.
"I don't know what's going on Jess, but you should know I can help you." He said almost sympathetically.
"I don't need your pity." I said bluntly.
He's right though he could help me, he works out a lot, does a bit of boxing, and everyone knows he's one shady person.
Maybe I should let him help me.
No, nick would find a way to hurt me.