Chapter 3: Who was that?

Brian and (M/n) entered the store, the taller male staring in astonishment.
"Let's Hurry up" Brian sighed as he left (M/n)'s side, only to return with a cart.
"Of course!" (M/n) smiled as he pushed the cart with one hand, the other one lightly holding Brian's.
"Hey! What are you doing?!" The proxy glared at the (h/c) entity before him.
(M/n) ignored Brian's complaints, thinking he was just getting fussy. He began to hum as he bought different ingredients, dragging Brian the whole time.

"Hmmmm" the male sighed as he stared at his cart.
Meat? Check
Carrots? Check
Onions? Check
Chocolate chips? Check
Flour? Check
Red wine? Check
Herbs? Check
Sugar? Check
And everything else needed was at home, well, not home. At the mansion.

"Brian?" (M/n) smiled as he finally let go of the proxies hand, smiling at him.
"We spent a lot less than expected, why don't you go pick something out for yourself? " the entity softly said, his (e/c) eyes calming the annoyed boy.
Brian let out a slight huff before smiling and walking away.

Your PoV~

You watched as Brian walked away to find something that caught his eye. He was a kind one. Despite his complaining.  Never was he actually angry at you. He respected you to some extent.  Maybe is was because you're a friend of Slender, or maybe it was because with such a chaotic household,  someone had to be calm and 'welcoming'.
You let out a breath through your nose as you lightly shook your head.

You won't let this end up like before.

"Caleb, are you okay?"
"You too Daisy! You look like you've seen a ghost!"

With that you glanced in the direction of the conversation.  By the entrance,  there was a group of four teens, two of them staring directly at you.
Your eyes widened.
"Daisy?Caleb? Wow, they've grown up so much, and I missed every moment of it."
You looked away from the group noticing Brian returning, a box of mini cheesecakes in his hands.
"Lets get going kiddo" You smiled, the sad aura dissipating.
Brian looked at you in confusion before nodding. 
"W-Wait!"
You turned around to see the group of teens.
"We thought you left" Caleb slightly glared.
"I did, I didn't plan on returning to this town..." you softly smiled at them.
"Mo-" Daisy began to walk towards you, a hopeful look in her eyes, but Caleb quickly held her back.
"You know what he can do, he's a monster" He warned.
Daisy looked away from you and then to Brian.
"Do you know, about what he could do to you?" She quietly asked.
Brian only looked at her in confusion.
She gasped.
"HE-!" Daisy was cut off once again.
"We can't help him" Caleb hissed before looking at Brian as well.
"If you don't want to die,  we suggest getting as far away as possible from that thing" Caleb jabbed a finger in your direction as he spat the last word.
"You have grown venomous little bun" You spoke, surely surprising Caleb with his old nickname.
"If you don't live with kindness in your heart, the venom will wither your flower" Caleb looked shocked
"W-What do you know about kindness, you-you heartless monster!" Daisy yelled causing you to tense.
"I believe it is time for us to take our leave, we wouldn't want the others to get worried" You smiled as you led Brian and your cart away from the group.
"Farwell children" You called over your shoulder as you made your way to self check out.
-----
You sat in the truck, the groceries already loaded in, the trees surrounding you, and Brian, now Hoodie once again, sat in the driver's seat, the keys in his hand.
"We should get inside, I wouldn't want the pastas so go hungry" You softly smiled as you looked at the large mansion as you opened  the car door.
"Who were they? " Hoodie suddenly asked.
You were slightly, the smile never leaving your face.
"It's a long story, one you wouldn't understand"

You can't  let this end like before.