I sent a playful glare at her. "You're not funny."

"I beg to differ." Finneas argued.

I shook my head and let out a laugh. It was currently seven am and I got Finneas and Claudia to come with me to get Billie's birthday present. I had called the place about a week ago to ask if they had a spider I could get, and of course they did. So, here we are, picking it up. I still couldn't believe that this is what she wanted, but I'm not judging.

Finneas pushed the cage towards me. "Here, you carry it. Since it is your gift."

"You're enjoying this and I don't like it." I muttered as I grabbed the handle on top of the cage.

We walked out of the store and quickly made our way back to the apartment. I set the cage on the kitchen counter and quietly made my way up the stairs and into mine and Billie's bedroom. As expected, she was still sound asleep. Half of the blanket was thrown off of her, exposing her bare thighs.

I walked over and sat on the bed beside her. I gently shook her awake. "Good morning, bubba." I smiled at her as she began waking up.

"Morning." She said sleepily. She wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her head into my stomach. "Why are you dressed already? Come back to sleep with me."

I ran my hand through her hair gently. "I had to go do something. Happy birthday."

I felt her nose scrunch up against my stomach. "Shit. I totally forgot that it was my birthday today."

I giggled. "I believe that."

She pinched my stomach. "Watch it." She grumbled. "You have to be nice to me. It's my birthday." She said in a baby voice.

"I'm always nice to you." I defended.

"Whatever you say."

I sighed. "Go get ready for the day, bub." I patted her arm to get her to let go of my waist, but she refused.

"I don't wanna. Can we stay in bed for just a little bit longer?" She begged, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, fine. Ten more minutes. Then you're getting ready, okay?" I said, sticking out my pinky finger.

She hooked her own pinky finger with mine and shook it. "Deal."

-

I had went downstairs after the ten minutes we spent it bed while Billie went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I pulled the blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple out of the refrigerator. I put a bit of each them into two different bowls, one for me and one for Billie.

After I finished that, I moved the spider from the countertop to Fin and Claudia's room so that Billie wouldn't see it. As I was coming out of their room, Billie came out of our room.

"What were you doing in their room?" She asked skeptically.

"N-no reason." I stuttered.

She raised an eyebrow. "Okay then?"

I grabbed her hand and changed the subject. "Are you hungry? I made breakfast."

She grinned, seeming to forget what just happened. "I'm always hungry. You should know this by now."

"True." I laughed as we walked down the hall and down the stairs.

We reached the kitchen and I slid one of the bowls to her. Her smile grew wide as she started eating the fruit. She picked up a blueberry and turned to me. "Baby, let's see who can catch the most with their mouth."