A Torque Wrench

They all pitched in to carefully remove the remains of the door. Just when they were done, a man in a police uniform came from the stairwell.

"Okay, Beifong, what did you do now?"

"Peng, what is this?" Lin asked.

"Well, apparently you need help protecting some little girl..."

"It's two women and a child, but I was expecting my partner. Where's Jun?"

"All I know is that your mother told me to come here and take the women to the station, so let's go."

"We can't. One of them left during the night, we have to find her."

"You lost one of them?" he chuckled.

Lin took in a long, slow breath to calm herself.

"I didn't lose her, she's not a keychain. She left because she didn't feel like she needed protecting, but she absolutely does. We know where she's probably gone, it won't be long."

"Look, Lin, I have my orders. I'm taking them to the station, with or without your help, with or without their consent."

"Those are strong words for someone who's so afraid of the Chief." Lin smirked.

"It's easy for you to laugh, she's your mom... I have to settle with doing my job properly. Now, I'm not getting suspended over one dumb bitch..."

That was it. Korra pressed her hand into a fist. If Asami were here, she would have advised against it, but this guy couldn't go around saying stuff like that. There had to be consequences and Korra was about to deliver them.

She stepped forward, pulling her hand back when Lin beat her to it and punched Peng right in the mouth.

"I told you last time what would happen if you kept speaking like that about female victims." She shook her hand a few times, so it must have been quite a blow.

Then another police officer came running up the stairs. This man was also very young, just like Lin and Korra, and he stopped cold when he saw Officer Peng lying on the ground.

"Jun? Perfect." Lin seamed to recognize him.

"What's happening here?" he asked.

"We're having a tea party. Isn't it obvious?" Lin disappeared into the apartment and returned with her uniform on. "You're not wearing any cables..." She detached one of hers and threw it at this Jun who caught it immediately.

"You should keep it, what if-"

"No."

"But what if-"

"Shut up. I need your help and I want you to have them."

He just nodded and turned to help the other officer up onto his feet.

"You run your stupid mouth around Lin again, Peng?"

The man rolled his eyes, then gave each of them a dirty look before leaving quietly and with what he probably thought was dignity.

"Jun, I need you to take my sister and this young lady to Air Temple Island and keep them protected there." Lin led Jinora into the hallway towards her partner. "No questions asked."

"Only one I have is whether I can drop them off there and come back to help you."

"No, keep them safe." She turned back into the apartment. "Su, come here, you're leaving!"

"And you think I can stop Tenzin from going after you? Because that's what he'll do the second I tell him what's happening. I'm man enough to admit I couldn't take you or your boyfriend in a million years."