Chapter 3: Pokemon, Meetings and Fire Gods

Luxray and I are riding on the back of Memma who has transformed into Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh is a phoenix like bird with gold and red feathers for most of its body. It also has yellow tail feathers, a white underside and green feathers at the tip of its wings. Ho-Oh has a green stripe on its neck, a yellow beak, black rings around its crimson eyes and a feathered crest.

We're riding through the clouds, it is early morning with the ocean waves roaring, school of Basculin jump up and down into the water over and over again. Tirtouga and  Carracosta glide through the waves while children laugh and play with each other. As we fly closer to the Unova region, Swanna and Ducklett flap their wings as they fly closer to Memma, say hello but are surprised when seeing me on Memma's back so I wave to them and smile as Memma speeds up. The wind  flows through my black hair as Luxray sleeps on his back basking in the sunlight that comes through the slow moving clouds.

Looking downwards, I see a boat cut through the water but I soon lean too far and fall off. I blink as the law of gravity and motion, who are never my friends, and I start to scream and close my eyes waiting to hit water or the boat deck but I feel something grabbing my ankle to stop my fall. I am pulled back up to stare into angry eyes.

"Hey Luxray. Ahahahah..." Crap, I am in so much trouble. The laugh only made the eyes angrier.

"This is not a laughing situation, what the HELL do you think you were doing!?" Luxray yells, his front paws in the air,"You could have been hurt or even killed."

I glance off to the side,"Well, I saw a boat and wanted a better look but I didn't think I'd fall. Sorry Luxray."

The gleam-eyes Pokemon sighs and rubs the bridge of his snout,"What am I going to do with you?"

"I don't know."

"You're only ten years old and I still think this journey is a bad idea."

"What! You can't think that."

"Oh yes he can, Ash!" Memma says in a stern voice,"What you just did was a stupid thing to do."

"I know, I know and I'm sorry Memma."

"I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to," Memma says as she slows down and tilts downwards as we near land.

I look up at my older brother figure that is turned the other," Luxray."

"What?"

I hug his waist lightly,"I'm sorry for worrying you."

He grumbles,"Its fine, just don't do it again." He turns his head to look me straight in the eyes.

I do a mock salute,"Yes sir yes."

The blue Pokemon groans as I grin and laugh until Memma announces as she lands on the ground,"We're here."

Both of us jump from her back as she transforms back into her pink cat form and floats over to us. I walk forward through the forest we land in and soon find the lab where the Professor hands out starter Pokemon. I grin as Memma transforms into a human woman with brown hair, red eyes and wears a long black dress with an apron.

"OK, I'm ready to go. How do I look Ash?" Memma asks.

"You look great Memma," I reply but then Memma and Luxray perks up and stares into the sky. I blink in confusion, then look up to see a red storm cloud circle around with blue flame around the base. I pull on Memma's sleeve,"Memma, who's that?"

"Its Reshiram that controls fire," Memma says as she stares as the blue flame engulfs a white haired kid and a Charmander. I blink and then run towards them as the fire disappears when Memma says,"Wait! Ash!"

But I don't stop and near them; the white haired kid groans and gets up as she says," Ah, Charmander. Charmander are you okay?" Lifting the Pokemon up in her arms.

"I'm fine,Luna,"the fire lizard Pokemon says but only comes out as Char, Char. The girl smiles and hugs the Charmander close to her; the Pokemon raises her arms to its trainers face and smiles.

"Is she okay?" I ask as I near them.

The girl looks up and was about to say something when a woman's voice says worriedly,"Luna dear!"

"Luna!" Says an old mans voice with the same tone.

"Luna are you alright?" The blonde haired woman asks as she looks over the small girl. The woman is most likely the girls mother.

"Luna are you completely sure?" Professor Oak asks. I know that face from the picture that Memma shows me.

The girl as I now know as Luna nods,"Yeah, aren't we Charmander?" Charmander smiles and confirms that they are by breathing out fire from its mouth.

Luna's mother sighs in relief," I tell you that was a weird storm, you know."

"That sure was," Oak says.

"Who was that?" Luna asks as she frowns and looks off towards where the clouds disappeared.

"Who Luna?"

"I'm sure that I saw a shadow of some kind of Pokemon in that storm cloud."

"Hmm, from our average point of view all we could see were the clouds," Oak says.

"Right," Luna's mum says.

"Man that's weird," I say as Oak notices me and asks who I am. I smile," I'm Ash and I'm here to start my Pokemon journey."

"What could it have been?" Luna asks.

"Oh, Professor Oak," says a happy tone behind us. We all turn to see a light brown haired woman, with sea blue eyes, in a white lab coat walks up to us.

"Ah,Professor Juniper."

"I'm sorry that I was so late. How are you getting along after that huge weird storm?" Professor Juniper asks.

"We're just fine Professor Juniper. Thank you." Professor Oak turns and faces us," I'd like you to meet Professor Juniper and don't let the youthfulness fool you, as she is one of the most important Unova researcher."

The woman smiles," Pleasure to meet you."