24.

The three went home 2 days later. Surprisingly, Owen was doing just fine considering he was born prematurely and was still quite small.

Colby opened the door and Rebecca walked in followed by him. He sat the car seat on the floor and little Owen began to cry.

"Oh I know, it's a different place that your not used to" Rebecca said and bent down to get him out

When she picked him up out of the seat, he instantly hushed. Colby was still dumbfounded every time it happened.

"How in the hell do you do that?" He asked and she laughed slightly
"Magic" she replied and he walked over and placed his lips on hers
"He's home" he whispered and she nodded smiling
"He's home" she repeated "welcome home baby" she looked down at the baby in her arms and smiled again

It was a rough night to say the least. Owen was up every hour to be fed, changed, rocked, or just wanted to be up.

When Colby and Rebecca gave up on the idea of sleep... they brought Owen downstairs to the living and laid him in the swing.

They walked into the kitchen and Rebecca sighed...

"How are we supposed to do this?" She asked "we can't go every night without sleep and then the nights you aren't going to be here are just going to be complete hell"
"It's his first night home Becks, he's got to get used to everything" Colby said "I'm sure things will get smoother in the next few days"
"I now have a newfound appreciation for moms" and she shook her head "they're superheroes"
"That means your a superhero" he said "your a mom now"
"Not a very good one at the moment" she replied
"You've only been a mom for three days, your not going to be perfect" he said "your doing your best right now, which is better than me.. I put his diaper on backwards"
"How did you manage to do that?" She giggled
"The things so small there's no way to tell the difference!" He exclaimed

Rebecca walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up into his eyes.

"We actually have a son" she said and he nodded, then they heard a cry coming from the next room
"Who is actually crying right now" he said and she groaned "you go and make a bottle, I'll get him"
"Teamwork makes the dream work" she said "or maybe just sleep does, But seeing as teamwork is the only option right now, I'll take that"

Colby smiled and went into the living room. Owen was wide awake and screaming his little lungs out.

"Ok ok, I hear ya buddy" he said and picked him up

When he instantly hushed Colby almost fell over. Rebecca walked in to see a very surprised Colby standing, holding their son.

"What?" She asked and he smiled and looked down at Owen

"I have the magic!"