The Kidnap

Lars ran.

He ran the whole way crying. What was he to do? He wanted his animal friends to live, but he also didn't want to kidnap Prince Kyan and Princess Tala. They had nothing to do with this! Oh, how he hated his father's evil ways!

When he arrived at the castle, he made up his mind. He would do it. 

Lars walked up to the wall of the castle. The question was: how? He wasn't a very good climber. Heck, he'd only climbed a few time in his whole life, to deliver a baby bird back into its nest and to bring some acorns to squirrels. And he couldn't just waltz through the front door. He'd get arrested.

Then he had an idea. the trees aound the castle had thick vines and leaves, and several stone blocks jutted out from the walls. He could climb the walls with the vines!

He spent the rest of the day checking vines, making sure they were sturdy, and combining them. Soon, he had a vine that could withstand anything. 

Lars looked up. It was night. He hadn't noticed. Then his father's warning came to his head: 'If you aren't back here by sunset, I'll kill the entire forest!'  He needed to do this now!

Using the vine, Lars stealthily climbed the tower and hopped quietly into the room. Luckily, the tower wasn't very high. He looked around, silent as an owl. There. Prince Kyan and Princess Tala were asleep in separate beds. He cried silently. Prince Kyan, Princess Tala, please forgive me! 

Using some extra sturdy vines that he had brought with him, he very, very quietly wrapped them in the vines. Thank goodness both of them were deep sleepers. Then, even though he wasn't very strong, managed to haul them through the window and onto the ground. When he jumped down, who should he see there but his father, Glitch.

"Father?"

"I didn't think you'd actually do this. Good job. Soon, I'll make a villain out of you, Don't you worry!" He said, smiling at his son.

Lars winced. "Father, did you... kill the forest? Because I wasn't back here in time?" he asked fearfully.

Glitch shrugged, still smiling. "Only a few, then I came here to see if you were in jail or doing this." Lars, hearing this, cried harder. "Come on, I'll take it from here." Glitch grabbed the vines that encircled the prince and princess, and also grabbed his son's arm while he was at it. Laughing quietly, he led a sobbing Lars and two sleeping, kidnapped members of the royal family to where they lived, on the outskirts of GoJetisha.