"I don't know if I should do this," I said. Ian started to slow down. "Keep driving! I'm just talking to myself. Don't actually listen to me."

He sped up again, this time going faster.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"Don't be sorry," I encouraged.

I started wringing the strap of my bag, trying to forget about the boy that gave it to me.

Why did he have to be this confusing? Seriously, was he trying to give me some kind of brain malfunction? I had enough of those every day, I don't need another.

Stupid child. Making me think too hard.

Nobody makes Benz think! It is a WELL known fact! Honest to God, if I thought this hard all the time, I might die of Thougtasisis. Okay, so I made that up. Big whoop! It could be possible.

There must have been some sort of message that I wasn't getting. The rest of the night was fine. We just kind of smiled at each other and held hands.

I was NOT smiling at the memory.

The morning after was uneventful. We didn't really talk - my dad told me to come home ten minutes after we both woke up, and I had to go to school that day. Why the day following Halloween wasn't a national holiday completely stunned me, but we had to go to school. That was Thursday and I hadn't seen him the rest of that day or Friday. Now it was Saturday.

It didn't make sense to me.

Then again, it WAS only a kiss. Maybe I was exaggerating it. No one's life is movie worthy, so why was I expecting it to be?

Maybe it didn't mean as much to him as it did to me.

Maybe he didn't even like me.

No. Even if it wasn't by much, he HAD to like me. He said 'it's about time' anyway! Why would he say that?

Unless it was that he meant it was about time for me to make a move. As in he knew all this time that I liked him.

GOD! This was PJ I was thinking about! He wouldn't do that!

Unfortunately, Ian was pulling into a parking spot right outside of the house. I could hear the music from inside the house. The front yard was crowded with my peers mindlessly chattering with red cups in their hands.

I opened the car door. Some people get butterflies in their stomach. Right now, it felt like pteradactyls fluttering around in there.

I walked up the sidewalk and to the front door. Starting though the entry way, I fought my way through passing people.

I looked around in search of the jet black hair that signified my best friend.

"Bambi!" called a slurred voice just as I felt someone fall into me. I steadied myself and looked up at Pj. He was leaning into the wall. His eyelids were nearly shut. All in all, he looked extensively drunk.

"Pj," I said, noting the red cup in his hand.

"Wh..why wou... You have to... uh... something," he managed. I grabbed his arm and steered him towards the closest door.

I was in luck. It was the living room, where a couch was actually, shockingly, not occupied. I sat him down and took the cup from his hands.

"Give thhaaaaat... b-... ba... back," he insisted, nearly crushing me with his reach.

"Pj, cut it out," I commanded. He drooped back into the cushions.

"I k'ssssssed you," he said.

"Yeah, Pj," I said. "You did."