Hello Again 15

Age : 15

Pj hadn't talked to me since I left the morning after Halloween. Okay, to his excuse, his mom took away his phone and I hadn't really been free.

It was honestly irritating me.

Which actually didn't really make my actions reasonable. I mean, I wouldn't be going to the party tonight if Pj wasn't. I kind of hate parties with the people at my school. Honestly? The people at my school kind of sucked.

"Why can I find nothing to wear??" I demanded. I was pacing my room with all my reasonable clothes strewn across my bed. "THIS is what this stupid boy does to me! He makes me want to impress him. I DON'T IMPRESS PEOPLE! It's not what I do!"

I glanced at the same picture that I had been glancing out for the past half hour that I had been pacing. It was when Pj and I were at Beverly one summer. He was kissing my cheek in the picture, and the smiles on both of our faces were somehow able to fit onto the photo paper.

"I have no idea," Ian said.

Ian and I never really hung out outside of school. And when I say never, I mean NEVER. We got along, but it was awkward. We didn't really have much to talk about. I was pretty sure that he thought I was really weird. But I needed a guy's opinion, and my dad wasn't exactly number one on my list.

Pj was, but he was absent. Stupid freaking guy. Making me like him so much.

"Why am I trying this hard, anyway?" I questioned.

"Because you love him," Ian stated. "And you feel insecure."

"Shut up," I snapped. "I'm talking to myself, don't interrupt."

Ian chuckled to himself.

I laid down over my clothes on my bed and let out a huff.

"Stupid freaking child! Why does he have this much power over me?" I threw out. "Don't answer that."

"I'm changing the subject," he said. "You need to chill out. My mom is letting me apply to Oakwood Academy."

NOT NOW! I wanted to shout.

Yet another reason why Ian and I didn't hang out. He didn't really get me.

"Cool," I said, standing up again. I dragged my feet to my dresser and glanced at the clock. "The party started an hour ago. I really have to go."

I looked down at my t-shirt and jeans. It wasn't exactly party clothes, but it would have to do.

"Come on," Ian said, starting out my door. "I'm your ride, and I want to get home sooner than later."

I followed him out and to his car, grabbing my bag along the way. I got into the passenger's side and he started driving.

"What am I even supposed to do when I see him?" I asked. "You know what, this is stupid. I shouldn't be doing this. Turn back."

Ian stopped.

Please Ian. Just this once, be a real friend, even if it's fake. Please, just PLEASE tell me that I shouldn't be freaking out so much. Tell me that I was doing the right thing.

Tell me that being bold is the right thing.

Screw it, people usually tell me to STOP being so bold. Stupid Pj and his little mind crap.

Please Ian. Please. Just this once.

"Do you want me to take you home?" he asked.

I sighed.

"No."

He pressed the gas again.

The party wasn't too far away - only two blocks. Wakefield was a small town.