1. Bye

Ryou was excited to go home.

He had got his report card. He was second in place in the midterm exam. That was the best he had got in school years.

Before, he love to laze around and always skip classes. And it resulted with a couple of scolding from his parents.

"You're an Alpha! You should be on top of everyone rather than playing around. Why can't you be like your elder brother and younger sister? They're always in first place. We're the Inoue family. Understand? " His mother scowled. His father would sometimes interrupted if his mother ran out of breath.

He heard them scolded him for a very long time. It's okay he love to hear their voice.

Only at times like this, he could hear their talking like they were really concerned about him. He thought at that time, they scolded out of love.

Oh, he forgot to introduce his family. His family is the main branch of Inoue family. His family members are five. His parents, his older brother, Daisuke, him and his sister, Akira.

Their family was one of the upper class family in Uxa City. They were famous for their medical inventions.

One weird thing about his family is they wouldn't talk unless necessary... except him. He would be the one who endlessly chattering.

So he always find his Alpha older brother and Alpha sister to talk but the results was being kicked out of their rooms. It's okay he thought that siblings always bickering.

He then realised his mistake and started to study more harder. He wanted to be praised like his siblings.

When he got the report card from his teacher, he instantly ran back to his house- no... mansion.

He knew there was no one in the mansion except for some AI robots. Both of his parent were busy but it's okay, he wanted to surprise them.

"Would you like some tea, second young master?" Inana, the robot housekeeper as he smiled.

Inana was one of the greatest invention from one of the professors of Royal Mecha Institute . He could perfectly imitated human's emotions and acted like a human.

Inana also could protect them from any kind of danger as his fighting ability was superior to the Special Force of Uxa City. Ryou would always find him to spar with and seeking various advices.

Guests who come to our house would always mistake him for human.

"It's okay. Umm.. but can you please prepare black tea and espresso? It's mommy and daddy's favourite." Ryou waited until evening.

When he heard the sounds of the door being opened, he almost couldn't contain his joy.

But what greeted him was the scowling face of his mother. His father followed at back also did not have good expression.

"I have heard from your homeroom teacher that you got the second place."

"Yes, mommy.. I have done my best-"

Then he heard his father sighed.

"Done your Best? This what you called your hardest effort? Ryoutarou Inoue!"

Ryou was startled by the sudden raise in his mother's voice.

"Do you know that the First place is what? A Beta! Have you had no shame at all to be beaten by some mere Beta commoner? It's a disgrace to our family's name."

Ryou's heart that was filled with joy gradually became dull. His head started to lower down as he clenched his report card.

"Why can't you follow your siblings' steps?"