Chapter 5

Cassiel

After the long conversation I had with myself I came up with a decision. I am willing to get to know Esme. I have never once thought about being with someone and I can honestly say this will be somewhat amusing to me. I left my room and headed outside to sit and watch Esme and the cub play around.

After a while the cub grew tired and came over to me, jumping in my lap and laying down. Esme awkwardly came over and sat next to me. "Is this silence a no to giving me a chance?" I looked over at her and a small gasp escaped my lips. "I will get to know you, Esme. This is not me accepting this supposed soulmate status. I am simply willing to get to know you." A beautiful smile graced her lips at my words.

Suddenly her arms wrapped around my shoulder, her head snuggling into my neck. I tensed at the sudden show of affection. "Thank you, Cassiel. Thank you so much." She said smiling. I nodded stiffly before pulling away from her. "Don't be a waste of my time, Esme. I don't like wasting time." I said.

She shook her head. "We have all the time in the world." she sighed. She curled herself into my side even though I made it clear that I did not like it. We stayed like that till the sun went down. It grew colder when night fell. The cub began shivering which made me snort in amusement. She's gotten spoiled to the heat in the house. "We should go in now," I said. I picked the cub up and held out my arm for Esme. She gladly took my arm before we headed inside.

I gently laid the cub down on the sofa. "Sleep well, Cub."

Esme rubbed her head. "Sleep well, Archie."

I said eyed her as she said that name. Did she really name the cub? "You named the cub?" I asked her. We said down on the couch making ourselves comfortable. "Of course. She is your pet is she not? Pets have names."

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from saying something cold. "Let's conversate about ourselves." She giggled.

"What is making you giggle?" I asked.

"You're wording is so formal." She said.

"I am an angel. I was around before earth was. My wording will always be formal." I said. She smiled and bumped her should against mine. All while a happy grin was plastered on her face. "I never said I didn't like it about you."

We talked for father knows how long. I learned that she's been alive for 98 years, she poses as the children she lives with, mother. She also is very good at home designing. I have to say, she isn't what I thought she was. I was expecting something very different.

"Well, I need to get going before my family comes searching for me. I had an amazing time with you Cassiel." She looked down with a small smile on her face, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. I smiled slightly at her. We stood up at the same time.

I held my arm out for her respectively, waiting for her to take it so I could walk her home. She gladly took my arm. A sigh of happiness escaped her lips. She leaned her head against on my shoulder.

We begun the walk back to her house. I took my time, slowing down to spend more time with her.

"Esme?" I suddenly said after our few minutes of silence. She hummed I response.

I cleaned my throat. I don't know how to express my feelings.
"I enjoyed our time together." I said. Did I say it correctly? I dearly hope I did not make a fool of myself.

"I'm glad." She said. She snuggled more into my arm as the wind grew colder. I knew that her kind did not get cold for the fact that they are cold themselves. She must be expressing her emotions.

We walked in silence for a few more minutes. A comfortable silence.

"This is a good start to what I want to build with you."