C h a p t e r S e v e n

Start from the beginning

Wasn’t she mad at him about something?

“I’m sorry about what I said earlier.” He says in a low husky voice that has her body on fire. “I wasn’t thinking about what I implied. I think you take as good of care of Charlie as you can considering the mess I left you with. You’ve earned my respect a hundred times over, I can promise you that.”

“I-It’s okay.” She stutters out, her eyelids falling a fraction.

Luke shakes his head, “No it isn’t but I’ll make it up to you. I’ll make it all up to you, Robin. You’ll see.”

Robin nods before letting out a breathy acceptance.

Luke smiles softly at her before leaning forward to give a brief and barely there kiss on the corner of her mouth making all her brain functions stutter to a halt. When he leans back Robin is in total shock and left totally hanging but he seems unaffected as he continues to just stare softly at her. Did he not feel that rush of warmth all over his skin? Did he not hear the breathy and totally embarrassing moan she let out?

“I’ll grab Charlie.” He smiles before sliding out of her car.

Apparently he either has amazing self-control or this sensitivity to him is just on her end. The sound of the back door opening has her shaking her head and her brain beginning to work again. Turning back towards her own door she exits the car and takes a deep breathe of fresh air to cool her down a bit. Luckily, it’s a cooler night tonight so she can save some electricity by just opening windows instead of having all the fans in the house on.

When she hears the back door close she turns and feels her heart instantly melt at the sight before her. Charlie’s head is on Luke’s shoulder and his legs are wrapped around his waist as he clings to Luke around his neck. He’s still dead asleep and with their faces side by side Robin is in awe of how much the two look alike. Same face shape, same eye shape and even the same dimple in their left cheek she doesn’t notice until Luke smiles at her when he catches her eye.

Walking past her he walks up the small porch steps and opens the screen door. Unfreezing from her position she walk hurriedly up to unlock the door before stepping back to let the pair of them into the house. Luke looks at her over his shoulder and mouths ‘where’ to her. Pointing down the hallway past the kitchen he nods before disappearing down the darkened hallway and out of sight.

Sighing Robin looks around the living room at a complete loss about what to now. Here she is in her house with her son’s father and she has no idea how to even approach the subject of what it is exactly he wants to do now that he’s back in their lives. Does he just want to be a separate but present part of their lives? Does he want to actually try to make things work between the two of them like she’s been refusing herself to hope for? Or does he just want to show up, get to know them and then leave again for another few years before popping back up to disrupt everything again?

Who knows? He’s a werewolf for shit’s sake. Anything is bound to be possible, right?

Sighing she drops her purse on the recliner before falling back onto her couch with a groan. Throwing her arm over her eyes she tries to force the tingle still present in the corner of her mouth from his nearly kiss. She really doesn’t have any clue what to do and now he is in her house and she does want to do is most likely illegal in most states.

“He sleeps like a rock.” Luke says as he reenters the living room.

Moving her arm Robin looks him over with a longing sigh echoing in her mind. Yeah, her thoughts are at least illegal in twenty states if put into practice. Shoving her suddenly tired body into a sitting position she leans her head back against the couch.