Bands someone reccomended to me but I have been to lazy to listen to

Is it bad that I judge people based on their music taste? I'm honestly trying my best not to ask someone when I meet them what kind of music they listen to. I usually find myself doing this alot lately and I can't help it sometimes. I'll ask the person what music they listen to and I'll try and memorize what they say then later listen to the music they listen to. Only on a rare occasion me and that person will bond over a band we both listen too.

Also when I listen to a band it takes a while for their music to really grow on me. And I feel like I have to be in a certain headspace to really understand and grasp the concept of the music.

When I was younger I absolutely hated metal music I mostly listened to pop. But my taste in music matured once I entered my early teen years.  When I was 13-15 I mostly listened to Old school Rap, Grunge, Emo/Gothic, Indie music. Then when I was 16-17 I listened to Rap, Punk Rock, Alternative Metal, New Wave, Indie, Heavy Metal, Psychedelic bands. The common pattern with my music taste that I've noticed is that I absolutely love anything that is emotionally heavy and I don't mean that in just terms of sound. Also when I discover a new band  that's good I literally have to listen to every album and every song and will listen to that for months on end religiously.

I forgot who reccomended these bands to me but I will listen to them as soon as I get a chance to. I will update on my progress and what I think about them.

1. Rain Parade

2. The Doors( I've only heard a few songs so far so good)

3. Mazzy Star (honestly I see were Lana Del Rey gets her inspiration from)

4. Kendre Smith

5. The Dream Syndicate

6. Phantoms of Divine Comedy

7. Pink Floyd ( I've listened to their music before. I mostly know about this band because of Frank Zappa)

8. Jefferson Airplane

9. Jimmi Hendrix ( literally who hasn't heard of this dude anyways voodoo child is his best song and no one can convince me otherwise)

10. The Byrds