Chapter 11: Phone Call

"You never fade away, oh~." 

****************************************

Heidi's POV 

(Time skip)

While Charlie was helping the elves, I thought that I should call mom, so that she could know we were okay. I picked up the phone, and dialed her number. It rang. I hoped it was mom and not Neal. I heard someone clear their throat.

"Hello?" Mom asked.

"Mom?" I said.

"Oh, Heidi. Oh my god." She said. "Honey, how are you? Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Me and Charlie are okay. We're up at the North Pole." I said.

"Heidi, are you sure you're okay?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. I'm great. Charlie is helping the elves build a new sleigh. They're trying for a vertical takeoff." I said.

"Heidi." Bernard said, waving me over.

"Oh. I gotta go. Bernard needs me." I said.

"No, Heidi, Wait." Mom said. "No. Don't hang up the phone."

"See you at Christmas." I said, and I hung up. I walked over to Bernard. "What's up?"

"Can you go make sure the reindeer are ready?" He asked.

"Sure." I said, and I ran off to the barn.

(Time skip)

I was walking through the halls with dad, Larry, Quintin the other elf, Bernard, Judy, and Charlie, as music played through the building. We stopped, and lifted our left arm up. Then we stepped forward, and lifted up our right. And then the we stepped forward again, and lifted up our left arm again. And then the we stepped forward again, and lifted up our right arm again. And then we kept walking.

(Time skip)

Dad got in the sleigh, and sat next to Charlie. I was in the very back, with the bag.

"You ready you to go, guys?" Dad asked.

"You betcha, dad." Charlie said.

"Now Dasher, now Dancer! Now Prancer and Vixen!" Dad said.

"Oh Comet, on Cupid! On Donner and Blitzen!" Me and Charlie said.

"Hah! Hah!" Dad said, flicking the reins. We lifted off the ground.

"Bye! Bye, Quintin! Bye, Peewee!" Charlie said.

"Bye, Judy! Bye, Bernard!" I said.

"Merry Christmas!" We shouted.

"Hah!" Dad said, and and we were off.

(Time Skip)

As Charlie showed dad the new the things he added to the sleigh, I was watching the landscape go by.