10

You stand there in shock kind of taken back of the fact, Josh of ALL guys is standing right in front of me. I snap out of my daydreaming.

"Shit, Uh sorry" bending down I pick up my cup scooping the ice in it. "Hand me some paper towels please" I say

Josh hands me the paper towels, he bends down and helps me wipe up the remaining sprite.

"Sorry I was just shocked, what are you doing here?" I asked him throwing away the wet paper towels.

"I should ask you the same question" he shoots back.

"Well I asked first" I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.

"My dad basically funds this university, so I get to come here." he says shrugging his shoulders looking at his feet. "Now answer my question"

"I got a full ride from academics to come here, I only live a few hours away. This is where I moved too." I say

We both looked down at our feet, waiting for one of us to talk.

"Well let me make you another sprite" he finally says quickly rushing to the drinks.

"No no it's okay, don't worry about it" my hand touches his blocking him to the cups.

I pull my hand back quickly from the touch. The room was silent. We were both so awkward. I heard the sliding door open, and in comes a girl obviously drunk out of her mind. She was stumbling, and talking to her self.

"Joshhhh, there wuz areee" the blonde girl says.

"Hey" he lets out awkwardly. "This is my girlfriend, Jasmine. Kate." he throws his arm around her waist mostly to support her, overly drunk self.

"Hi jasminee, you're so pweetttty" she slurs

"Thanks, nice to meet you" I say

She was an average pretty girl, the thick hair, cute button nose, pretty lips. She was the pretty girl, I could tell.

"Well I better get going, tell Sam i'd hate to leave but I really have to get everything together in my dorm." I shoot Josh a smile.

"Yeah for sure, i'll see you around. It was good to see you again" He says still supporting kate.

I head for the door, it was more like I ran to the door, I didn't want to be there. The air felt so thick inside, I could hardly breathe. Even if the party was outside, I didn't want to stay a second longer.

I got into my car, turned on the engine, then i heard a faint yell. I looked to my left to see Josh running to my car with a small piece of paper in his left hand.I rolled down the window.

"Here's my number text me when you get to your dorm please, be careful." He slightly puts the paper in my hand.

My heart was racing. He was just being nice, he wants me to be safe jas.

"Okay I will, promise."

He shoots me a smile, before walking up the grass back to the party.

I pull out of the parking space, and head back to my dorms. It's already 12am and the campus was dark and scary.

I find a spot in the parking, I make my way to my dorm, I quickly change into a long t-shirt and shorts.
I quickly grab the piece  of paper with joshes number on it out of my pocket off the floor, and type it into my phone and tell him I made it.

(Josh) Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll see you tmrw.

How would he see my tomorrow?

I walk over to my sink and grab my face wash and skin care, I wash my face and take all my makeup off.

Having a clean face, is just so soothing to me.

I climb into my quite small bed, I mentally curse myself for not setting up my tv yet. I wanted to watch Greys anatomy for the 17th time, and fall asleep to it.

I was just about to fall asleep when my phone started ringing.

The bright screen displayed Joshes name.
what is he doing calling me?
I grab my phone, I pause before I answer his call. I finally slide over to answer him

"Hello" my voice was filled with tiredness.

"Hey! Did I wake you up?"

"No, I was just watching a movie. What's up?" I lie.

"Can you meet me by the water fountain beside the very large oak tree"

"Josh it's nearly 2:30 in the morning, it's not safe for me to just walk around in campus this late at night." I huff.

I run my fingers through my hair. Lord i just want to sleep.

"Yeah you're right i'm sorry, i'll talking to you later bye" He says rushed and hangs up the phone.

I let out a huff, slightly angered by the fact he basically woke me up for nothing.

I laid my phone beside me and drifted into sleep.

I woke up to the sound of my dorm door room closing.

I suddenly bolt up, scared of some intruder coming in.

"Woah there" A female voice says

My eyes finally clear out the morning fog, and notice a girl. She was about 5,3 brown skin, and the prettiest curls.

"Hi, my name is Rose" Rose leaned against one of the walls in our dorm. Showing a smile of pretty teeth.

"Uh Hi" i let out a little chuckle. "My names Jasmine, but everyone calls me Jas"

"It's nice to meet you, sick room decor by the way" she points to my old poloriods, and fake leaves.

"thanks, pintrest is great" we both give out a small little laugh.

I get up and give Rose a little room tour, it wasn't much since the dorm is small.

After the tour we decided to head down to the little Cafe and get lunch.

"Uh yes, i'll order the chicken bacon ranch sandwich, with a dragon fruit smoothie" i order

"Your total is 8.45$" i hand the cashier my money that I didn't forget this time.

After Rose orders we sit in a high chair, Just getting to know each other. Turns out she is from Ohio, she loves to run, and bake. We honestly hit it off from the start, and it was such a relief that i had a room mate that i liked.

"Hey that guy over there is totally staring at you" Rose says half way through our lunch.

I turn around and see Josh looking at me, but quickly looks away.

"I know him, we used to go to high school together kinda" I say taking a big swig of my smoothie.

"uh oh code red he is coming over here" she quickly says and rest her head on top of her hand.

"Hey jas, there's another party at the house next week would you like to come?" He says after arriving to the table.

I shoot a glance at Rose, and she gives an approval nod.

"Yeah I guess I can make it" I give him a small smile

"Great! uh- I mean that's great, it's a bigger party just letting you know" he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Okay thanks for letting me know, i'll see you around"

"Yeah for sure, i'll see you around"

He turns on his heels and walks out the café. Me and Rose look at each other and let out small giggles like little

"My first day and we already are invited to a partyyyyy" Rose drags out

Oh don't I just love parties.