eighteen

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

leighton sat in front of the drama room mirror as she put her 'kelsi' glasses on. today they had a photo shoot day dedicated to making the cover of the playbill. she wasn't on it of course, but they had to take individuals for their printed name.

she stood up and walked out, seeing big red walking towards his camera and went to him. the two discussed the angle he would be getting of the main characters. the girl looked up as she heard a squeal from nini and kourtney, not paying too much attention to either.

her vision then directed towards ricky, who walked out with a 'troy' wig yelling, "okay people! let's do this." leighton laughed out a loud laugh and ricky looked towards her and smiled widely. everyone else having the same reaction.

"what?" the tall boy said as he stood in from of leighton, "oh my god.. i can't look at you right. it's uhm, i don't know the words to say, it's a lot going on." leighton continues laughing and touching the wig.

ricky only flipped his hair many times and leighton pulled her phone out to do a boomerang. "let's get some air, wildcats" gina said walking over to her new friends. the three greeted each other with a good morning.

gina only laughed and touched the wig as well, "pretty good right?" ricky asked her. "troy you look the best. and you el, glasses look great on you. how smart and political." gina said, the three sharing another laugh.

"i do huh, might wear these all the time." leighton said as she looked around, only to find nini staring at the three of them weirdly. leighton didn't mean to, but she made a face as their eyes connected. the girls looking away from one another as big red was ready to take photos.

leighton walked behind big red as the main characters went under the show sign. "okay guys, on the count of three!" big red stated. as he counted, kourtney was trying to get out the way and the scene in front of leighton was a mess.

"again! one, two, three!" leighton yelled for big red as he snapped away. again the main cast completely going at different times. "wow, this is going to take some time, huh" leighton said as big red wondered what happened.

the sign behind them started to fall down. questions flew from everyone's mouths wondering what to do and when to jump. while everyone was speaking nini said, "i can't look at ricky, is that a problem?" leighton mumbled, "you don't need to look at him." as big red shushed her and covered his mouth avoiding a laugh.

both were thankful no one heard her. carlos called a five minute break and they all went their separate ways. ricky walking over to leighton.

"will your hair look this way if you actually straightened it?" the girl questioned as they sat down. "maybe we can find out. i'll let you do it, but no one else can see." ricky said to her.

leighton nodded as it was now time for the individual photos. ricky flipping his hair on the way to the photo area, the girl giggling behind him.

the day went by fast and it was now time for after school rehearsal. ricky and leighton walked together as gina came up behind them and scared them. both happy to see her and all three engaged in the conversation.

"someone has his guitar today, gonna play it?" gina asked as they entered the drama room. stopping to the side. "he has actually been teaching me how to play it! i get another lesson from a legend today." leighton said and gina gushed at how cute the two were.