🌸 The New Girl 🌸

This is the new girl. ☝🏻

This takes place the next day.

Hope's POV:

I've been avoiding Lizzie all day. Josie too. I can't see both of them right now, my head is too much of a mess. I'm in love with Josie, but we haven't technically made it official so I didn't technically cheat. It still sucks though. Oh did I mention that throughout the night I was sleeping but was slightly woken up to Lizzie's quiet humming of the song All of Me, by John Legend? I listened to her soft humming for a while praying she doesn't realize that I'm awake. I sit like I'm asleep for a while before I feel Lizzie lay down again, this time facing me. She uses her free hand to move a strand of hair off of my face. She keeps her hand on the side of my face. Then she leans in and places a kiss on my lips.

      It takes everything in me not to react or do something. But I don't, so as far as Lizzie knows, I know nothing. I skedaddle out of there as soon as I was sure she was asleep. I went back to my room and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. My mind was raising. Lizzie has feelings for me. But I'm with Josie. Do I have feelings for Lizzie?! I can't! I'm with Josie! But Lizzie... So like I said I've been avoiding the twins this morning. I get to my 3rd period. class and sit down.

      With my vamp hearing, I overhear a bunch of other kids talking about how we're getting a new student today. I heard about this a while back I didn't think it would actually happen. At that very moment, a girl walked in. She was short and small. she has long straight dark brown hair and when I say long I mean like past her butt long. She had light sky blue eyes with a tan skins tone and slight freckles. She had a slightly anxious expression. She wore a simple black t-shirt with grey-blue jeans that only had rips on the knees. With a flannel tied around her waist and black and white converse on. She's gay. I think to myself. I hate to stereotype but this girl was really just putting it out there.

      She walks straight up to the teacher. I vamp listen to their conversation. "Um I'm the new student, I was wondering where I sit?" She says quietly. The teacher looks around for any empty seats. There wouldn't be any if I hadn't moved my stuff, which I sat on the desk next to me. "There you go, there's a seat right there next to Hope." I hear her say looking in my general direction. "Um, who's Hope?" She asks sounding embarrassed. "Oh right, Hope could you please raise your hand." She calls out to me over the chattering class. I raise my hand slightly.

      The girl and I make eye contact which she quickly breaks looking at the ground. She quickly walks over to her seat. We sit in silence for a while before she finally speaks up, "m-my name is Hayden, Hayden Lester." She says still looks at the ground. "Hope, Hope Mik- Marshall." I finally say and internally curse at myself for what could have been a colossal mistake. "Nice to finally meet you," I say trying to change the subject. "Yeah, you too." She says with a small smile. So for the rest of the class period we talk and get to know each other a little more. We walk out of the class together talking and laughing. Then I see Lizzie. Shit. I immediately turn around and grab Hayden's arm and pull her with me. "Woah where are we going my class is that way." She says pointing the way they just came.

     "That was the girl I told you about," I say recalling the moments before of how I spilled my guts to Hayden. "The 'girlfriend' or her sister?" She asks still being dragged behind me. "The sister," I say once I realize where we're going to go hideout. The bathroom. I rush us into the bathroom. "I'm going to be late to my classes on the first day," Hayden says sounding disappointed in herself. I immediately feel guilty. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry you can go if you want." I blurt out. She looks at me confused, "Nah bro I wanna see this," Hayden says gesturing towards the bathroom door. "See what?" I ask in confusion.

      Then out of nowhere, I hear the bathroom door open. "Hope?" I hear Lizzie call out. I quickly run into the first open stall. I stand on the toilet so she can't see my feet. Hayden holds back a laugh. When Lizzie walks around the corner and sees Hayden she looks surprised. "Oh, you must be the new girl, I'm Lizzie," Lizzie says sounding cheerful. "I know," Hayden says with a subtle laugh. "Well anyway, hate to disturb," Lizzie says before turning around and walking out of the bathroom. That was too close. As soon as Lizzie's gone I hear Hayden burst into laughter.

      I come out of the stall quickly. "She's really into you," Hayden says in between laughing. "What makes you say that!?" I ask hastily. Hayden finally catches her breath then says, "she was honestly worried for you." Hayden says seriously. I think for a moment. I had never thought about it but if Lizzie and Josie are both into me then I'll have to choose. I know that I have feelings for both but I can't have both. This is gonna change everything. Hayden looks up, "she seems nice enough." She finally says. I smile in response. Yeah, she can be. What the hell am I going to do? "Ok so how long do you plan to hold up in here?" Hayden asks subtly. "We can go now she's probably long gone." I sigh. Hayden nods, so we both head to our next class which happens to be together.

      That class goes by like clock flower because we keep magically passing notes to each other. We wrote something down then make it appear in the other person's pocket. It's really quite fun. The day goes by so fast when you have a friend in pretty much every class. By the end of the day, I'm walking with Hayden when we get confronted by Dr. Saltzman. "Hello Hope, Hayden," he says looking from me to her. He must have spoken to her this morning. "So Hope it's a good thing you're here because I needed to talk to you about who Hayden will be sharing a room with, and yours is the only other room that doesn't already have two people in it so," he says not completing his sentence but I get what he's implying.

      "Yeah, she can room with me," I say with a blank expression. "Ok great." He says before walking back to his office. Hayden turns to me. "Cool." She says with a smile. I nod my head in agreement. We're walking to our dorm room when I say, "look I just met you today and I already feel like I know." I say with a chuckle at the end. She laughs a little too, "I know right." We're in the hallway of my dorm when I hear Josie running up behind us, "Hope!" She calls out.

Cliffhanger who!? Ok well, I'll let you guys sit on that. Hayden is an original character of mine. I hope you like her as she moves the story along. Anyway, have a great day/night/evening! Goodbye, my fellow HOSIE shippers! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💕❣️💜💞💓💗💖💘💝

Word count: 1,297