Blue Sweaters

Peter's P.O.V

It's lunch, and me, Ned and MJ are sitting at our usual table in the back of the cafeteria. We are here early, so it is still pretty quiet. Not for very long, as the cafeteria soon fills up with the main 'clique's' of the school.

You have your regulars, like the jocks and the nerds, and you have a few groups working on projects and stuff like that. And you have a group of students who are just all friends, and take up at least 5 tables.

As usual, we ignore everyone else in the cafeteria, and continue with eating our lunches. It is a usual friday, the lunch lady's yell at the morons in line who are throwing packets of salt around (which is strange because school doesn't even have those) and some kid gets tripped, ending up with his entire plate of spaghetti over his head.

Now is the last one strange, because normally the jocks trip someone, laugh at the poor kid, and forget it ever happened in the first place. This time, it's a guy who seems out of it, and who looks like a senior who belongs with the 'Friends' in the corner opposite of ours.

He immediately apologises to the kid, helping him up and offering to help clean the spaghetti up. I wonder if I should go and help him, but I don't think that would be very appreciated.

"Peter?"

"Yeah" I look back at my friends, who are both looking at me strangely.

"If you don't look out you'll drop your sandwich on your sweater, and you love that thing"

MJ is right, I do love that thing. I stole it from Tony when I first moved in, and I refuse to give it back to him, much to his annoyance. Stephen has told him repeatedly that he could just get it when it has been washed, but I don't think Tony even knows where the washing machine is.

--------------------

Science

Sixt Period

I hate this, and not because I hate science, but because I already know all of this. I mean, I live with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, I know some basic science.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask when the teacher finally notices my raised hand, which has been raised for the last 10 minutes, and sigh when he shakes his head.

"Just go, it's not like he'll notice" Ned laughs, and the sad part about that is that it is so true that when I stand up and just straight up walk out of the classroom, he doesn't even notice I'm leaving. Like, I don't know how that works, but okay.

I walk to the bathrooms, enjoying the peaceful and quiet hallways, where for once nobody gets attacked, bullied, thrash talked and there are no couples blocking lockers while making out.

When I open the door, I hear someone. The only thing is, they are trying to keep quiet, and I can tell because I can hear whoever it is breathing slowly and silently. That just doesn't work with my super-hearing I'm afraid.

"Uhm, hello" I say, after debating whether to actually say something "Are you okay in there?"

"I'm fine, can you leave please?" A boy answers, sounding like he's trying not to cry.

"Are you sure you're okay? You can talk to me if you want, I won't tell anybody else"

"Promise?"

"I promise, nobody else ever talks to me anyway"

The door of the stall furthest away from me opens slowly revealing the, now with a red and puffy face, the boy from lunch. And I don't mean the one who got the spaghetti all over himself, but the other one. The senior.

"You are not okay, are you?"

"No" His voice sounds small, not fitting with his appearance at all. He is a tall guy, with brownish hair and the same blue sweater as me.

"Nice sweater" I say, and give him a small wink, trying to break the ice a little.

"You too" He laughs

"So, what's the problem?"

"You do realise you're asking me to talk to you about personal shit and I don't even know your name, nor do you know mine"

I shrug and think about that for a moment, before telling him I could tell him my middle name if he wants to. He looks at me confused, and I smile before explaining that if I don't actually know who he is, I can't actually tell anyone about this properly.

"Good idea, then my name is Winston, yours?"

"Hey Winston, I'm Benjamin"

A/N; sorry it took so damn long, really hope you liked the first real chapter of 'Attention'!

lots of love

-R