Prologue

Midtown High

Among the diverse selection of students attending Midtown, is Peter Benjamin Parker. Not many people know that to be fair, given the fact that Peter is invisible. No, he's not physically invisible, but nobody knows he's there.

Teachers skip him in class, people run into him in the hallways because they never pay attention to him, and he never talks to anyone besides his two best friends.

That seems incredibly sad, but Peter is fine with the whole situation.

He doesn't like attention anyway, and he gets more that enough attention from his two best friends Ned and MJ. The three of them get through school just fine with nobody paying attention to them, because it means that they don't need to socialize with other people and none of them like that anyway.

After school they go to the tower, where Peter lives. Yes, the tower where the Avengers live. Peter lives with Tony Stark, who offered to let Peter move in when May wanted to travel the world. She was so grateful that he was willing to house Peter that she baked a huge load of her special cookies for him. Tony made the mistake to leave them in the kitchen unattended which ended in a plate of crumbs when he came back to the kitchen ten minutes later.

So Peter, Ned and MJ go to the tower after school, where they do their homework. Most of the time. When they don't want to, which happens regularly, they watch movies or jam out to music until dinner. Both Ned's and MJ's parents know where they are and know of the situation, so they let Ned and MJ eat at the tower nearly every night. The Avengers love having them around, and Bucky cooks to much anyway.

But what Peter doesn't know, is that he isn't invisible to everyone. One particular boy notices him. A lot.

And that boy happens to be popular. And he has a lot of friends. And he has good grades, if you ignore his F in science at least.

And his name is Wade Wilson.