Chapter 4: Breaking the Ice

Start from the beginning

Deku then again looked at me in amazement. "Wow, that's amazing! I didn't think about what my costume could do for me; instead, I just thought about how it looked." he then looks away a bit embarrassed.

I placed a hand on the shoulder, making him look back a ton me again, a slight red tint was forming on his face still. "Well you did really well, I think your costume looks super cool." I tried to cheer him up.

Before he could say anything else, Uraraka came over. "Hey, guys! Whoa, your costumes are cool!" she says.

I look at her costume as well, and wow, it really shows her curves! I looked over at Deku, and he was a blushing mess. Something inside of me started to feel unpleasant. I looked at Uraraka, as well, and all the other girls with some jealousy. I want to look cute too...

"[L/n]?" Uraraka pulled me out of my thoughts. She seemed a bit worried, seeing the sour face I had. I shook my head, trying to get the feeling out my head. 'I'm a strong guy! Wanting to be cute is another factor of weakness.'

"Hero course is the best!" we looked down to see Mineta eyeing all the girls. Huh? I think he's one of the many reasons I'm glad to be seen as a guy.

"Now it's time for your training!" everyone dropped their conversations and paid attention. "You're going to be split into villains and heroes and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles!" All Might tells us.

Suddenly everyone started asking questions of all sorts. "I will answer all your questions!" he said, seemingly annoyed. He then explained two teams would be going against each other. The villains would be inside first hiding a weapon in a room of their choice, the heroes would enter after they were done. Hero team either has to capture the villains or the weapon to win, the villain team has to protect the weapon until time runs out or captures the heroes. Twenty minutes was the time limit.

Then team picking was next, drawing from a box teams were made. "Please let [L/n] on my team!" I heard Deku mumble underneath his breath. I smiled, it's nice to know he wants me on his team.

"Team A, Midoriya, and Uraraka!" All Might announced. At hearing this, Deku looked a bit dissatisfied.

"Aw man, it looks like I can't team with you. But hey, we have the school year to team up." I tried to cheer him up. And it worked, he smiled and me and nodded.

"Team B, Todoroki, and [L/n]!" I looked over at Todoroki with a smile. He looked over as well and made eye contact. But all he did in return was glare and looked away.

I sighed, excited as I was to see him work his quirk personally. I don't think he's going to work with me well. This is a team effort, I don't want him doing things on his own.

"Team A and D go first!" I looked over at Deku in shock, he looked shocked as well. Going against Bakugo? This couldn't be good.

"Hey, Deku..." he looks up at me, fear was in his eyes. I didn't know what to say to make him feel better. Nothing I say can make him feel better if he's going against Bakugo. So instead, I decided to encourage him. "You can do this; it's what your name means, right?"

The fear in his eyes fade away, and it was replaced by determination and a smile. "Yeah! Thanks [L/n]!" he beamed, and I gave him a nod in response. Then he left with Uraraka to the training grounds, I hope he's gonna be okay.

~*~

The battle between Deku and Bakugo wasn't pretty. I was at the edge of my seat- metaphorically. I knew Bakugo was one of the strongest in our class, but I didn't know that he would go all ballistic and harm Deku to such a degree! Seeing Deku covered in burn marks and his arm remaining broken made me feel bitter.