Chapter 2

"Ashley! Come down for dinner!" My mum called. I quickly shut down my computer and rushed downstairs. I was surprised to see Jessica and her brother, Jayden. "Hey Jess! Hey Jay! Whatcha doing here?" I asked the both of them. "Oh, since tomorrow is 'back to school' day I decided to help you with whatever you're gonna be wearing tomorrow," Jess explained while I rolled my eyes. "Hey! Don't roll your eyes! First impression is very important, don't you know?" I rolled my eyes again and she shot me a glare. I grabbed her shoulder and started laughing and so did she. "I hate how I can't be angry with you," she laughed. "And I love you for that," I replied. I looked over at Jayden and asked him what he was doing here. "Brad told me to come over to play some video games and get some stuff done before school starts again tomorrow," he explained.
"All right kids, dinner's ready,"My mother said.
"First one to reach the table gets more brownies!" Brad yelled. We ran for the table and Jayden reached there first.
"Hah! Hand over your brownies, Brad!" He teased. Brad stuck his tongue out and we all started laughing. My mother just shook her head.
"You guys are still as childish as before," she chuckled. Even I couldn't believe how childish we were either. "Guess we're all late bloomers!" I joked, and everyone laughed.

(The picture above consists of Brad, Ash, Hailey, Jess and Jayden. I hope they're cute enough for you!❤️😁😊)