destination: you.

in a way, he was used to jisoo's rather bipolar personality. one minute she's screaming curse words at him and then the next, she's showering him with hugs and kisses. he's not complaining or anything, he actually finds this trait of her funny. nothing about jisoo could ever make him love her less.

"kim taehyung, you idiot!" she yells, tackling him down with a hug before he even has a chance to put his seatbelt on.

taehyung savors the feeling of her hug, drinks in her familiar scent. somewhere in between these, he closes his eyes because this is it. this is what heaven feels like and taehyung has just ascended.

"i miss-" he stops, laughing at the way she smiles at him. "you." he breathes out.

jisoo replies with a kiss instead  of actual words. her lips are soft and tender yet needy and rough at the same time. her hands find its way to the back of his neck, taehyung can't keep his hands to himself as well. it's been weeks since they've been alone like this but he never imagined their next make-out session would be in a car at the airport parking lot in palm springs. it's satisfying to kiss her after all those weeks of being apart and caught up in different schedules.

now, they've met again.

"where do i hide you?" she asks, pulling away from their kiss. she looks at him with so much adoration and gratitude, he feels uplifted. he made a good choice by flying over, or at least she makes him feel like he did. "you can't stay at our hotel, and we can't book a room in another one either."

taehyung leans back, frowning as he holds her hand. "why not? i mean, it'll only be a few hours. there are hotels near the airport, i checked."

"of course you did," jisoo giggles.

he shrugs. "there was wifi onboard."

"when's your flight back?" jisoo asks, sounding a little bit serious.

taehyung purses his lips. "i... haven't booked one yet."

jisoo sighs, as if she expected his answer all along. she gives him a pointed look before shaking her head and starting the car engine.

><

they've been to a mcdonald's drive thru and a 7/11 convenience store for food taehyung was craving for since airplane food was way too expensive. jisoo was the only one who could drive between the two of them because of her international driver's license and taehyung was fine with staring at her drive so sexily and confidently. she looked most mature when she was focusing on traffic signals and road signs.

"we can't camp out in this van, taehyung."

"i thought that's what we've been doing."

the two of them parked near coachella valley with a view of the whole venue, it already looked wild from afar and it wasn't even the opening day yet. jisoo reclined both their seats and placed all the food in between them. there was a stack of blankets and pillows on the back seats that belonged to her and her members, he was ready to dive into them and make himself more comfortable any second now.

taehyung was happily munching on fries when he turned to her and grinned, "i'm really proud of you, kim." he was talking about their upcoming coachella performance, one of the biggest musical festivals in the world and blackpink was one of the most sought out performers for it.

jisoo laughs a little before returning his grin with a sweet smile. "likewise, kim."

"i'm glad i flew out here, you sounded really tired." he says, sipping some of their shared large coke. "but now that i'm here, of course you're a hundred times more energized. you only needed a bit of taehyung time to get you smiling and laughing, silly girl." he playfully punches her arm.

she rolls her eyes. "i was stressed... and yeah, tired. nothing new." her voice sounded heavier at the last words. taehyung punches her softly again. "i'm glad you came, too. we're in so much trouble."

"i don't particularly care." he muttered, completely honest with his words. "i've put in so much effort and time into big hit and bts, i want to put the same or more amount of both in you and our relationship."

personally, taehyung drew a line when it came to skinship but of course jisoo was an exemption. she could touch him wherever she wanted because for him, he was all her's the day he fell for her. when she holds his hand and gives it a tight, long squeeze, taehyung smiles and in his heart he knows this was the right thing.

jisoo plays with his watch, the same watch she choose the design for when he asked which one would suit him best, he bought her one too, it wasn't the most discreet couple item but nobody has connected the dots yet.

even if someone did, taehyung knew what he wanted to do. he wasn't scared at all to tell the world that he was dating the kim jisoo.

if they ever ask, he would never deny it.

———————————
this is like a short one so i might end this in the next (final) chapter!