ii. BACKSTAGE PASS

CHAPTER TWO

Rosemarie began walking closer to the source of the voices, hoping she would see someone she recognized. Fortunately, she could see the back of Vince's head from where she stood.

She cleared her throat quietly before speaking, "Vince?" She asked. His head whipped around and a smile came to his face. "Rosemarie!" He said, beckoning her over with his free hand. His eyes moved up and down as she came around to sit in an open chair next to him.

Awkwardly, she waved to the others. Rosemarie soon recognized them as the other members of the band. She looked down as she and Nikki's eyes met. Vince wrapped an arm around her as she sat down.

For the duration of the conversation, Vince kept his arm wrapped around Rose and she kept her eyes to the floor.

Nikki seemed to be tuning out the other boys as he kept his eyes on Rose. She looked up occasionally, but he never looked away, enjoying the way she blushed when she caught him staring.

Nikki was confident in his skills in the art of seduction. If he wanted Rosemarie, he would have her, and boy did he want her.

Vince stood up after a moment, "I'm gonna go to the bar before it gets full." He stretched then looked down at Rose, "You want anything?"

"Yeah, a White Russian, please." She asked and reached down to her bag to grab her wallet. Vince scoffed, "I'll pay for it."

Tommy followed after him, "I need a beer or something." The drummer said as he tagged along. Vince and Tommy disappeared into the darkness and Rose strained her eyes to see where exactly they went. She had been at the Whisky before, just never backstage.

That left Rose, Mick, and Nikki in the room. Mick looked at the two of them, "I think I need a drink too." He said and stood up,

Rose remained silent. Nikki cleared his throat and sat back in the folding chair. "You don't want to be here." He observed as he looked her up and down, she looked uncomfortable.

Rose looked at him, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion, "No, no... I want to be here." She nodded and opened her mouth again to say something, but decided to stay quiet. 

"Really?" Nikki dragged the word out, "Do you just not want to be here with Vince...?" He pressed on, hoping to get more out of her.

Rose remained silent for a moment thinking that if she said something it Nikki would say something, then Vince's feelings would be hurt.

Nikki stared at her with a cocked eyebrow, "C'mon, I'm not gonna tell him." He responded as if he had read her mind. Rose looked up at him, "I want to be here, it gives me an excuse to get out of the house." She explained, "I just felt pressured to come along, so I accepted the invitation, then he mentioned some sort of after-party? I am definitely not dressed to go to any sort of party." She spoke quickly, oversharing her feelings like she tended to do.

Nikki chuckled, running a hand through his hair, "He didn't mean a literal after-party... He wanted, well, nevermind."

Rose blushed as she realized what Nikki was meaning.

Outside the back area, people were beginning to flood in and the bar quickly grew noisy. Rose shrunk back in her seat, she didn't necessarily want to go out and bump and grind with 80 strangers.

Nikki continued looking at her until Vince returned, "Tommy found a girl at the bar, we're not gonna be seeing him for a bit." Vince said lightheartedly and rolled his eyes. He took his seat next to Rose and handed her the drink.