Why are People so Mean? (2)

Gerard's pov (16 years old)

"Frankie... why are people so mean to us?" I asked as we laid in my bed. Frank held an ice pack to my cheek where a bruise was forming.

"Because they're mean and they don't like people they don't understand." Frank said softly as I winced in pain and sat up.

"Are we really that different?" I asked, hugging my knees to my chest.

"I guess so... but being different isn't bad, Gee. They're just jealous of us." Frank assured, resting a hand on my back.

"They kept calling us... fags..." I mumbled softly.

"There's nothing wrong with being gay." Frank said and I nodded slowly and fell silent again.
~~~~~
Frank's pov (six months later)

Gerard barely hung out with me anymore. When I saw him he was happy which made me happy but something was off. Gerard always tells me why we can't hang out if there's something going on but he just hangs up the phone fast or says that he has to go. Gerard never lied to me before...

Gerard left me on read multiple times throughout the day and when it was time for us to hang out be sent the same "can't tonight, sorry" text that I've been seeing a lot the past five months.

I was starting to get fed up with whatever Gerard was doing. I waited all day for him to text me back and when he did he bailed on me again. I sighed and tossed my phone on my bed and decided to go out instead with Ray and Brendon. We went to the movies and the mall to hang out.
~~~~~
Frank's pov

"Hi, Frankie." Gerard greeted as he came over to me. "I didn't see you on the bus."

"I walked." I said, glancing up at Gerard before going back to talking to Ryan.

"Oh... I brought you some cookies." Gerard said and sat down next to me. I was still upset with him for bailing on me all month and this weekend. "They're your favorite." He said, holding the bag out of chocolate chip cookies. I slowly took them and saw how happy Gerard looked.

"Thank you." I said before turning back to Ryan. I could see that Gerard was confused as to why I wasn't talking to him like I normally would. The bell soon rang and I got my stuff and headed inside, not waiting for Gerard which was also new. He just really made me upset and didn't even tell me why he bailed on me so much. Every time he said sorry to me it didn't even sound like him anymore.

"Frankie, wait up." Gerard said, struggling to kept up with my fast pace. I just kept walking to our first hour and once in the room I sat in my assigned seat which was next to his assigned seat as well. "We aren't late." Gerard said, referring to my fast pace before.

"Just wanted to sit in here." I shrugged and began reading my book.

"Frankie... are you mad at me?" He asked and I could hear the tremble in his voice that made me feel just a little bad for acting this way.

"I'm not mad... just disappointed." I finally said making him frown deeply.

"About what?"

"About how you keep bailing on me without even saying why." I snapped and then I saw the tears welling up in his eyes. "Damn it..." I mumbled to myself. I never made Gerard cry before. "I'm sorry, Gee, I didn't mean to snap at you." I said but it was too late. He was already crying as he grabbed his bag and ran out of the room.

I ran after him, dodging other students as he darted down a few halls and then got to the closed off part of the school. I watched as he ran into a storage closet, the same one we went to for lunch most days when the other kids tried to bother us.

"Gee... can I come in?" I asked, knocking on the door gently. I got no reply so I stepped in, shutting the door behind me. Gerard said on the floor on the far wall hidden by an empty shelf. "Gee, I didn't mean to raise my voice, really. I'm just... I'm upset that you keep bailing on me every single day."

Gerard sniffled, wiping his tears away as I sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled softly, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Can you tell me why you keep leaving me hanging?" I asked, wanting him to at least tell me that.

"I... I've been hanging out with someone I met downtown." Gerard began and I felt my overprotective side of Gerard take over.

"You made a new friend? That's a good thing, Gee." I said.

"He's nice and works at the comic book store downtown." He said with a smile and I sighed, relieved that it wasn't something bad.

"Can I meet him?" I asked and Gerard shook his head.

"He's really shy... but I'll ask him and see if it's okay when I see him next." He said and I nodded slowly.

"How about we skip the rest of the day?" I asked softly and Gerard nodded, letting me help him up.

We walked out the doors and went back to his house where we watched movies and played video games for the rest of the day and night. I felt better about everything and smiled as I watched Gerard concentrate on the tv.

"Gee, did you skip again?" Mikey asked as he walked down the stairs into Gerard's room.

"No..." he said, clearly not paying attention to Mikey.

"Gee, you can't keep skipping. You'll get held back if you keep doing this." Mikey sighed, standing in front of the tv now. I paused the game.

"It was my idea." I said and Mikey sighed.

"No more skipping." He said before going back upstairs.

Gerard rolled his eyes and giggled making me laugh as we continued playing our game.

||-//
Not edited