I halted my movement and let this stranger half walk half carry me towards the audience to the direction of a table.

Looking back, I saw my mother gawking at me, her expression completely bewildered and eyes beginning to flood with concern. She then ducked backed around the front and started to round her way back towards us.

Suddenly I was settled into a chair at a round table shielded with a immaculate white table cloth that seated ten.

I could only describe the experience of meeting my mate for the first time like I had been drugged. My limbs felt limp and my senses were sluggish but there was a paralyzing satisfying sensation that blanketed myself. I could hardly keep my eyes open or my head up from the onslaught.

"Aspen?" I heard a voice I knew well. "Aspen?"

I jerked my face towards my mother who was hunched over my side.

"You okay, dear?" Her eyes searching my lethargic face for any sign of trouble.

"She just going through the after waves of the bond formation." A tempting voice answered, the sound making me involuntarily squirm with fervor.

My mother looked behind me quickly, then examined my face once more shaking her head with a grimace.

"I've never seen it this obtrusive before." She stated worriedly, obviously stressed from how out of it I was acting.

"The stronger the wolves, the stronger the bond. It is reasonable to suspect that this is the reason." A new person stated, his voice a deep male one that had no affect whatsoever unlike the last one.

"Well, how come Alpha Hunter isn't like this?" My mother stood abruptly and gestured to me.

"I'm experiencing it as well, do not doubt that." Once again the delicious voice spoke this time coming from my right side. I looked over to see that the Red Druid Alpha had taken a seat right beside me at the table.

A brand new wave of sensitivity and fresh arousal washed over me when I connected with his vivid eyes. I saw the Alpha's face twitch and a luminous heat flare in his gaze.

What is going on with me? I have no control over my body?

I couldn't snuff the pleasing ache that encircled me and made my restraint practically soluble.

"What an exciting development, Alpha Hunter!" The sound of Alpha Bruno's tone broke Hunter from our intense exchange.

He diverted his attention over to where Alpha Bruno planted after rounding the table.

"I'm so pleased you were able to find your mate here in the Stone Lake pack." A toothy grin spread across Bruno's face. "And to no other then our lovely Aspen Kademen, one of the finest young she-wolfs we have seen." The fake sincerity in his voice I could still make out even in my condition.

Hunter gave an nod of gratitude but the way his jaw and eyes were set, it was also warning that the other Alpha in front needed to chose his next actions more wisely.

Alpha Bruno stumbled, his cocky mood eradicated and he swallowed nervously.

"Yes well, great news." He fumbled for the correct thing to say. "So I assume you'll be departing fairly soon now then."

"Yes, tomorrow." Hunter bluntly stated, giving the nervous older male nothing to work with.

"Wonderful, I'll be sure to see you off on your journey then." Bruno remarked flatly, then quickly excused himself, off to go bicker with council members.