Nithin Kantharaj's Experience Working on Simple and Multiple Linear Regressions

A learned professional, Nithin Kantharaj holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and an MS degree in industrial engineering from the PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore and the University of Texas, Arlington. He is currently working as a Product & Project Engineer with a leading medical engineering company based in Flanders, New Jersey and is a part of the commercial team and his main responsibility is to troubleshoot and update the tester on the production floor when it is down and schedule the project as per the requirements.

During his lifetime, Nithin Kantharaj has worked on a number of projects to enhance his skill-set. Some of these include failure mode effect analysis of Samsung note components, simple and multiple linear regressions, quality analysis on Toyota 9 million recall, economic analysis, time study on work performance, and design and fabrication of a drilling machine. The project based on linear regressions was conducted to measure the parameters for the box office collection of a movie using the budget, director, actor, Number of prequels as independent variables. Nithin collected the data set required for the variable to further analyze the success of a movie and conducted simple and multiple linear regression analysis using SAS and MINITAB, to look for trends and further determine the variable for the success of the movie. The analysis showed that 88.59% of the model is explained by the variables actor and budget, which results in huge box office collection.

Talking further about Nithin Kantharaj's extensive skill-set, he is exceptionally good at working with a number of design and simulation tools like SIMU, AutoCAD, ANSYS, Unigraphics NX, and Catia. Also, he has a good command over SQL and VBA in excel, and statistical tools like MS Office (Excel, Access, Project, Outlook, and Vision), MINITAB, SAS, and R-Studio.

Nithin likes to spend his time away from work playing video games.