I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf? [14]

Start from the beginning

"He's such a weirdo, I swear." Melissa said, laughing slightly.

"I can't disagree with that."

She parked the car and we both got out, we walked to the front door in silence. Not an awkward silence or anything, there was just nothing to say.

"You can just go straight up to Kai's room, I'll tell him you're up there." Melissa informed me. She pushed open the door and walked in, with me following closely behind. I nodded at her, showing her I understood.

I could hear chatter emanating from around the house but couldn't see very many people. There were a few toddlers tumbling out of doorways and such, but not any adults.

As if Melissa could read my mind, she answered my unspoken question. "There's probably a pack meeting going on, that's why there's hardly anyone in sight. You can go up to Kai's room, top floor. He'll be there when the meeting's over."

"Okay."

Top floor? As in the entire top floor was his? Jeez.

I made the biggest mistake of my life by deciding to take the stairs instead of the elevator. I got to the third floor and couldn't bare the pain any longer, so decided I would have to use the elevator.

As the elevator doors opened, a boy of about 3 years tumbled out.

"Hello," he grinned.

"Oh. Um, hello." I responded, a little taken off guard.

"Do you live here now too?" The cute little boy asked. When he spoke a little dimple appeared in his left cheek, only adding to the absolute adorableness oh him.

Adorableness. Is that even a word? Eh, who cares.

"Um, no. Nope. I'm just here... visiting a friend."

He just stared at me for a moment, before shouting out an enthusiastic "Bye!" and running off down the stairs; leaving me standing in front of the elevator with an amused smile playing at my lips.

I got in the elevator, and pressed the button to the top floor. When the elevator doors opened, I realised I was in Kai's room. Well, more like house.

The top floor was designed so that as soon as you step out of the elevator you're in the supposed living room. There were a few doors that would lead to, what I would assume were, bathrooms and bedrooms, and possibly even a kitchen.

These guys were definitely living large. Must be nice...

I suddenly felt nervous. Here I was, casually standing in Kai's room-house thingy, waiting for him to come up? Wasn't this a little too intimate? I mean, I would completely happy to have this conversation in the downstairs living room. I guess it's too late for that though.

Sighing, I sat down on the single, plush, cream colour leather sofa. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't hear the elevator doors open.

I only realised I wasn't alone in the room when a pair of Air Jordans entered my line of vision. I knew who it was immediately. Call me obsessive, but I recognised his scent. It was indescribable, but was extremely familiar to my nostrils.

Lifting my head up, I greeted him, "Hey." Way to not sound awkward.

"Hey."

I waited for him to elaborate but he didn't.

"Do you want to tell me what was too important for the school halls, or?" I patronised.

He sighed, running his fingers lightly through his hair and over his face. "Yeah, I guess."

"Okay. Well, shoot."

Before starting, he took a deep breath, almost as if he was preparing himself. Could it really be that big? What could be bigger than being half-human/half-wolf?

"You know how humans are destined for one person? That whole 'finding the right one' thing?"

"Mhm," I nodded. I wasn't sure where he was taking this but encouraged him to continue anyway.

"Well, we have the same thing as werewolves, excepts it's... it's much more extreme, you could say." He explained. I could tell he was contemplating what to say next which only ignited the little flame of curiosity that burned within me.

"Right..."

"You see," he started, shifting on the couch to face me properly. "It's like," he struggled. His hand gestures were only adding to the curiosity, much like his lack of full sentences. It was clear as day that he wasn't sure whether to tell me the truth of the situation or not; the struggle was evident on his face.

"They're called mates."

"Wuhuh?" I blurted out. Well that was random. One minute he can't form a sentence and the next he's being completely random?

"Soul mates. Soul mates for werewolves are called mates." Oh, well that makes a bit more sense.

"So do all werewolves have soul mates, or?"

"Yes. They do."

It saddened me to think that Kai was destined to be with someone other than me, who's probably beautiful and smart and funny and a werewolf. Not that we would ever be together because that's just crazy, but I couldn't help my feelings.

"Oh." I sincerely hoped the tone differentiation in the way I said 'oh' wasn't noticeable. "So you're like, destined to be with some other werewolf girl or something?"

I mentally flinched at the way I worded that. The word 'other' made it seem like I believed that we were meant to be together. He couldn't have noticed the word 'other', it would kill me if he did. I couldn't let him think I liked him, even it is a teeny-weeny bit true.

"She doesn't have to be a werewolf."

My ears perked up at this. Doesn't have to be a werewolf? What does that mean? That I could be his mate?

I almost slapped myself at that thought. Of course I couldn't be his mate, stuff like that never happens to me.

But if it did, it would be so cool. I mean, it would totally explain my insane attraction towards him...

"Well I guess that's pretty exciting for you. Or nerve-racking. Whatever."

There was really no point in trying to find an explanation for my crush, it would ware off eventually. There was no way I was his 'mate'. It was impossible. That thought once again, saddened me. He would forever be destined to one girl, werewolf or not, and it was definitely not me.

I mean, what are the odds that mother nature picked me of all of the billions of girls in the world to be his mate? None to noner.

"You're not getting what I'm laying down, Ally."

"What?" There was no hiding the disappointment and slight annoyance in my voice.

"You're my mate."

------------------------------------

Yay, early-ish update!xD Please click the external link and vote this story for the special award category; Best Jaw-Dropping Scene! THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU GUYS<3333