ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

Now all you had left to open was the bright white envelope that laid beside you.  You stared at the letter before thoughtfully reaching for it and picking it up.  Flashing your light/dark eyes across the paper you could work out that it seemed as if it was rushed.  You ran your thumb across the smooth paper noticing that the seal wasn't quite stuck down properly.  Ignoring the flaw you continued to unfold the letter beginning to see the card that peeked from the inside.  You moved your hand inside the envelope tugging at the contents until it slid out,  just like the box your necklace was in, it was a plain white card with no extras details.  Gazing deeply at the nothingness on the front of the card you decided to just open it and see what was inside.

To my sweet angel y/n,

I hope your having an amazing birthday so far, I can't believe your already 6!  Your growing up to be such a beautiful and strong girl,  you'll be too cool for me soon haha!

I hope you liked the necklace,  remember if you ever feel sad you can look at it and it will always remind you how much me and mommy care for you my sweet girl. No matter what happens in life you can always come to us whether the problem is big or small.  <3

I'm so sorry I can't be here right now and I'm sorry I couldn't make my gift look nicer but I promise I'll make it up to you when I'm home :)

Love you to the moon and back,
Dad xx

BANG!

The thundering noise made you drop your father's card in shock.  You wondered what was going on upstairs. Cautiously, you began to tip-toe out of the decorated room to find the source of the startling noise.  As you neared the stairs you could hear your mother's breathing become louder and more uneasy, urging you to break into a sprint to reach her room quicker.  Bursting into your parent's bedroom you were thrown into a pit of anxiety seeing your mother pale-faced and shaking violently.  "Momma?!" you whispered, visibly scared of the situation.  Her phone laid smashed on the cold floor, it must have caused the loud crash on impact. Tears were now forming at your mother's eyes as she's began shriek and wail.  "Mommy? What's happening!?"  fear racked your voice as the words fell from your quivering lips.  Turning her head, still sobbing heavily, it was as if your mother was staring into your soul.  "y-y/n." she managed to choke out.  "Daddy isn't c-coming home anymore." 

𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩
You never did see your father again after that day.  He never came home.  Never saw you grow up. Never saw you get accepted into UA.  He was dead.  Brutally murdered by a villain while trying to protect someone he didn't even know. He lied. He promised he would make it up to you.
He promised he would be there for you no matter what.

Now you sat wrapped in a thick blanket burning holes into the back of your mother's head as she downed yet another bottle of booze. It was about to be your third time asking her to turn the heating up today and you weren't in the mood. "Mom." you spoke bluntly, not feeling any motivation to ask nicely for what you wanted. "Hm?" She sighed like you had just asked her to run a marathon, turning around and rolling her eyes as she gave you a vexed look. "What is it y/n? What do you want now?" she huffed. You stayed silent for a short second before speaking "Can we please turn the heating up?"
"Why? I'm not cold so you shouldn't be either." she spat. Glaring daggers at the excuse of a mother who stood opposite, you couldn't hold back anymore. The lack of sleep you had got yesterday due to another argument had your emotions running high. "You treat me like shit y'know that?! I'm so nice to you even when you talk to me like I'm some stray dog! What makes you any better than me? If dad was still here he'd never let any of this happen!" venom dripped from every hateful word that flew out your mouth and you were not sorry. With that you stormed off to your room, slamming the door loudly. You could hear your mother slurring various curse words from downstairs trying figure out what just happened in her drunken state.

Large tears began to roll down your face as you slipped into bed, wishing that your dad had just stayed at home on that faithful day. You gripped the beloved silver necklace that never left your boney neck, wishing that you could go back to the time the photo on the interior was taken.  At least tomorrow was a Monday which meant you could get away from your abuser and seek refuge at school. Wiping your face with the sleeve of your hoodie you decided that your mother was not even close to worth your tears. You closed your e/c eyes and began to drift into a deep sleep, dreaming of a better life.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AN: omg I acc just wrote that. Um, this is my first ever fanfic / book that I've ever written so I apologise if it wasn't too great. I would love to get feedback if you liked this or have any suggestions!

Please vote if you liked this, it really motivates me lol

Thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter lovelies ;))

Feel free to follow me:
@ kiirashima - insta
or message me here <3

BYEEEE XX