𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

asch looked up, he looked the most scared. "she's going to wake up!"

pierce shouldered his way past rhys and noi and quickly crouched down by the edge of the bed and began to pat ava on the head gently, asch watching.

i on the other hand struggled for breath as i half sat, half crouched in the corner of the room where asch had thrown me into the wall.
i looked up to see leif push me back so that i was sitting upright so that i'd be able to breathe properly again. "t-thanks," i managed to choke out.

as ava began to fall back asleep, pierce stood back up and turned around to look at asch.

"i could've killed her you know," asch muttered.

"yes."

"get out, now!" rhys hissed with his teeth bared, turning around to noi and pushing him out the door along with himself, his robe swinging around him as he left.

asch walked out of ava's bedroom along with pierce who had to crouch down through the doorway because of his height and through to the living room with the others.

leif hauled himself up from crouching down beside me and held out his arm to help me up from the ground. i wrapped my hand around his wrist and pulled myself up with the help from him.

"that was no fault of your own just so you know," he reassured me as i dusted myself off, sighing loudly but quiet enough so the noise didn't wake up ava.

"thanks. how come you were the only one to help me?" i asked him, raising an eyebrow but i was grateful for his help.

leif shrugged as he looked down at me with a blank expression written on his face. "i'm not sure.."

i realised that i never let go of his wrist so i dropped my grip and gave him a weird look, how could you not know why you helped someone?

"come on, we better leave ava to sleep and get to the others before the cause trouble," i wandered off to the door and swinging it open.

leif stood still and stared at me, his expression unreadable but he was really confused, his head slightly tilted and his dark turquoise eyes hardly blinking.

"are you coming?" i motioned for him to come over and he quickly snapped out of his thoughts and followed me through to the living room, shutting the door behind us.

"i had everything under control," asch muttered as he sat sulkily on the couch, his arms resting on his knees as the other daemos stood around the coffee table. they all turned around at the sound of ava's door closing as me and leif walked through.

"your majesty you almost had us killed! and not to mention almost killed one of the humans too!" rhys' eyes were opened wide as he couldn't believe the words that came out of asch's mouth.

"i grow tired of this charade we are playing," asch snapped.

"you and me both-" leif muttered under his breath before being cut off by rhys.

"leif!"

"i kind of agree. why are we dancing around here," noi said blankly. "we know the humans have dangerous weapons but we've had a lot of chances to take on these two female humans here." he tilted his head to the side as he spoke.

i looked at the young orange horned male, confused at his words. did he mean that they wanted to kill me and my sister? but why... i don't understand, what have we ever done to them? they've done more harm to us than we have to them that is.

rhys sighed deeply, closing his eyes. "prince asch, this mission is everything to you is it not?" he turned around to face the figure sitting down on the couch.