Chapter 20 - If You Insist

Start from the beginning

"Bakugo, Midoriya – cleaning duties, and I want written apologies from both of you!" The boys remained silent. "And for all three of you – house arrest!" The teacher's eyes swept across them in order again. "Bakugo – four days! Midoriya – three days!"

He stopped briefly to consider his next words, but continued with a stern voice.

"Saeki – one day!" The girl flinched a little bit but accepted with a sigh.

Fair enough. I could've gone back to the dorms and informed the teachers. But no – I had to go and try to do something on my own...

By this point, I don't even care anymore though. I just wanna go back to my room and sleep. Tonight has been too much for me. I can tell that I'm struggling to keep my cool. So maybe I just need to sleep on it, yeah? And then everything will suddenly be crystal clear in the morning!
...

If only things were ever that simple...

"But, Aizawa-sensei," Midoriya began. "Atsuhi-san only tried to stop us! You shouldn't-"

"No objections. Unless you want me to extend both of your punishments?"

That made Midoriya go quiet, as he looked down at his feet. Atsuhi smiled a little.

I should thank him for sticking up for me. But I'll do that in the morning... We've already got enough on our minds as is...

With one last sigh, it was time for Aizawa to dismiss them.

"Alright, you're free to go and take care of your injuries now. But don't go to Recovery Girl unless it's something really serious – you have tp learn to deal with the consequences of your actions." Both boys grumbled simultaneously. "Saeki," Aizawa turned to the girl and quickly looked her over. "You can go if you need to. That's it."

"It's alright. I didn't get hurt..." she mumbled.

Aizawa looked a little unconvinced but turned and walked away anyway.

"Fine then. You're all free to go."

Once the man, quickly followed by All Might, closed the door behind him, the room remained completely silent. It was only a few seconds later that the screeching of a stool moving disturbed this unlikely peace

Finally. Time to go.

It had been a long night. One that had simply started with those pesky injuries of hers acting up, yet had somehow ended with unimaginable revelations about All Might, Midoriya, their relationship with one another, and... their Quirk – the truth about One for All.

It almost felt like it was way too much for her to bear. She couldn't even imagine how Katsuki had held it all in for so long.

Just the thought, however, made her frown.

Just... Whatever...

She had a lot of sleep to catch up on. Unfortunately for her though, she also had a lot to think about.

***

"House arrest!?" a voice echoed through the dorms. In fact, it might as well have echoed throughout those of the other classes too.

"Mina, please..." Atsuhi whined. "Can't you speak at a normal human volume for once!?"

Mina's eyes widened and she made an apologetic motion with her hands.

"Sorry, sorry! It's just – wow, never would've expected that out of you, Atsuhi-chan!" She glanced at Midoriya and Katsuki, who were vacuuming nearby, while everybody else was getting ready to attend the opening ceremony. "Sure, boys are boys – makes sense they would get themselves in some kinda trouble right before the start of the new term." He words caused a visible reaction on the faces of the two classmates in question, though one looked hurt, while the other was just angry. "But you? I am so disappointed!"