Chapter 21 - Explosive Touch

It had been one long day after another. She thought she had learned this lesson years ago, yet only now did she come to realize that heroes never seemed to get a break.

Fortunately, despite its habit of making her life quite difficult at times, fate did still enjoy treating her to something quite nice occasionally. And after so much had happened in just the few short months since she had begun her life as a student at UA, she supposed it really was time for one of those uncharacteristic treats.

Having finally made up with Katsuki just a few hours ago, though she had had to exchange some awkward looks with Midoriya, who had accidentally walked in just a minute too soon, she was so happy. Happier than she had been when she'd first been accepted in the school of her dreams. Happier than she had been when she had miraculously placed third in the Sports Festival. Happier than she had been even when the two had talked that peaceful and quiet night after Kamino.

They had made up, yes. But they had also done so much more than that. Atsuhi had finally received the answer she had been... dreading.

Okay, to be fair, it was not the most expected way of letting me know. Just a simple 'yes' or 'no' would have been great but uh... sure? Can't say I'm complaining...

Naturally, after they had talked things out, Atsuhi had put an end to her temporary stand-offish attitude. She had immediately offered the boys her assistance. Midoriya had looked hesitant and Katsuki had flat-out denied her from exerting herself at all. She wasn't one to back down this easily though. After she had continued insisting for another half an hour straight, the two had finally caved in.

Midoriya had expressed some minor concerns that cleaning duty had been assigned to them alone and if Aizawa were to find out, they might just get into more trouble. And they did not need more trouble. Of course, Atsuhi had sworn to secrecy. She was sure Midoriya and Katsuki wouldn't have minded the extra hour or two of rest that her help would have earned them.

Before long, the first day of the new term was over and everybody else returned to the dorms, finding the three lost in some fun and mindless conversation. Well, okay – perhaps Midoriya and Katsuki weren't interacting all that much, having Atsuhi act like something of a mediator between them, but even they had seemingly made tremendous progress compared to just the other day.

Naturally, Mina had quickly sent Atsuhi a knowing smirk the blonde could only pout at, annoyed with how predictable she was. She never noticed that Katsuki was looking back and forth between the two of them, confusion etched onto his features, as he wondered what the secret exchange he's witnessed could have meant.

Ochaco, on the other hand, after overcoming her brief confusion, seemed more oblivious than anything. Atsuhi giggled, thinking how in due time the brunette too would be faced with struggles quite similar to her own, what with her crush on Midoriya and all the anxiety and insecurities that came with it.

She could swear Kirishima was up to something too. She hadn't paid him any mind in the morning, but he had definitely known something was up, whether through his own observations or Mina's tendency to be unable to stay quiet. Either way, there were at least two people on her tail (a number which was bound to increase in next to no time), and she was not looking forward to the conversations that were also sure to follow.

In the end though, everything was back to normal. But not just any boring old normal. It was the kind of normal where everybody was happy, content.

And Atsuhi couldn't help the warm smile on her face.

The next few days passed by much quicker than she'd thought. It had been quite the task to try and not catch Katsuki up on everything he'd missed, but soon enough he too was back on the desk right beside hers. However, the events of those few days would have to remain a story for another time. After all, between all the hero business happening around her, Atsuhi had quite an important day to celebrate that very Saturday.