Mom: Try not to stay out too late.

After eating a light dinner with your family, you headed over to Illusion where Kyo, Iori, and Rock were sitting in the booth you normally sat in. The table was emptied, so they were probably waiting for you to start the feast. As soon as you entered, you could hear Kyo's voice from the entrance door.

Kyo: Finally, you came!

You: Sorry for being late. You guys wait long?

Rock: I came not too long before, so not really.

Kyo: Now, boys night can begin!

Iori: Are you blind? There's still sunlight.

Kyo: You know what I mean, you redheaded prick! Y/n, can you go get King?

You: Sure thing.

You went up the stairs near the entrance to the door to the second floor, which is where games like billiards tables and darts could be found. Navigating through the patrons, you found yourself in the back room in front of King's office. You took in a deep breath to not appear all nervous and stutter in front of your crush, and after composing yourself, you knocked on her door.

King: Come in. It's unlocked.

You: *opens the door and walks in* Hi King.

King: Hi, Y/n! Should've told me you were coming, I would've had a feast prepared for you!

You: Well, uh, that's what I came here for. Kind of. My friends are here as well.

King: Boys night out, huh?

She got up from her desk and you followed her out of her office. It was really hard not to pop the question right then and there, since it was just you two before you guys would be in a public space. You then saw something that devastated you; a wedding ring. Depressed could not begin to cover how awful you felt. All of your life was dedicated to asking King to be your girlfriend, only to find out she was married. Netorare was a thing, but you weren't that kind of guy, especially since you just became an adult. Still, you decided to ask her about it.

You: You're married? I've only noticed that ring now.

King: This? Oh, no, I'm still a single pringle. Just something to deter any patrons from hitting on me.

The life in your body that once left you was shoved back inside you as a smile formed on your face and couldn't be removed. King was still single, but you had one more obstacle awaiting you. Would she see you more than just a kid? Is she willing to see you as a man, ready to care and comfort her? Provide her love and be her something close to her ideal husband? Does she even want to get married or be in a relationship? Something you wouldn't know until the day you would leave for college where you would ask her the question before you left.

And your summer went through like the blink of an eye, being kept busy with entrance exams and other mandatory stuff for university. You got accepted into the University of Tokyo and your last day was today. Thankfully, Kyo also got accepted since it "looked good to future business partners" and was driving you there since you two shared a dorm room. You suggested the idea of stopping by Illusion one last time for a long while. It was empty, with King probably in her office since happy hour doesn't start until late at night.

You walked up the stairs and to her office, trying to psyche yourself up. "Do it, Y/n!" you told yourself. "Just do it! You'll never know if you don't ask! If you don't ask today, then you might miss out the next time you see her!" You knocked on her door, and after hearing her voice, you opened the door and closed it behind you as she glanced at you after looking at something on her computer and then, turned her attention to you.