Wine and Punishment

Börja om från början

Wei Ying, how many times do I have to warn you?

As I enter others scamper away and only one in the room is Wei Ying. I turn to warn him about Uncle's presence in Gusu, when he casts a spell which immobilizes me.

What are you doing Wei Ying?

Placing the cup of wine in front of me, he commands me to drink and I am left with no choice but to consume it. The last I remember his is face and my concious is pulled into oblivion.

Hangover.

Please never let this be revealed, that Lan Wangji had wine in Gusu and moreover got a hangover!

Bleak lights sting my eyes as I open them with a heavy head trying to find my bearings only to see Wei Ying grinning

"Lan Zhan, your forehead band is crooked." He states and I am immediately reminded of  my brother's warning 'Wangji, never let uncle find your forehead band crooked'.

Letting out a gasp I instantly try to straighten my forehead band. A symbol of Gusu Lan Sect members.

With an indulgent smiles Wei Ying tries to help me out, "Here let me help you Lan Zhan. You're so drunk that you are unable to even hold your head up high properly." As his fingers lightly caresses my skin, I shiver inwardly to involuntarily swat his hand away and command, "Gusu Lan Sect member’s forehead bands are sacred and only parents, children and lovers are allowed to touch them."

"What? Lovers? Seriously?" Wei Ying continues to laugh as my gaze lands on his smiling form. You have a very beautiful smile Wei Ying, please be happy. Always.

My liquor muddled self turns to look at him and then wonders why is he laughing at the concept of lovers? Yes. Lovers. Why does that sound so funny to you? You can't touch my band Wei Ying... You're not my...

My thoughts halt when he takes a seat by my side with a sigh and whispers softly, "Tell me something about you Lan Zhan?" 

Hearing him enquire about me, makes me lose my resolution to be strong and in front of Wei Ying, probably this would be the first time I ever reveal to another soul about my mother. Why am I sharing the most painful part of me with you? I have never even shared this with to brother, so why you?

Why?

"Lan Zhan, did you know I was found on streets of Yunmeng by Uncle Jiang Fengmian?" his eyes meets mine and the sadness in them makes my heart falter. "It's said that he found me as a street urchin and that my parents were his friends."

My fingers itch to comfort you. I want to reveal the truth, yell at the top of my lungs and declare that yes, I know! I have always known what kind of life you led. But... You don't remember me. You never have.