Chapter 1

Hey guys. 

I started to write this story way before melissa came out. When she did, it made me want to write it and share it even more. I do not know what happened and am not going on events. I am not a train phycologist. I haven't endured Domestic violence or IPV

 This is purely fictional.

 If this story brings up any feelings or feeling distressed, please call your local hotline in your country. They are there to listen and help. (This will be in every chapter) 

Melissa's POV

I never thought my life would be like it is now, I've always relied on myself. Now my daughter has had to depend on me.

Growing up, I always loved dinosaurs, digging up pretend bones, I loved science, history, and I knew that what I wanted to do. When I found out I was pregnant, it changed my life completely from wanting to be a paleontologist to being a mother at 17.

Now I have a life where I have support from friends and family that occasionally come to see me with my sisters. I work at a fantastic and well know cafe the manager can be a handful sometimes, that's when I have I need to bring Abby my three old daughters in if she is sick, it's rarely, only when my mum or dad can't come up and look after her.

For serving people, it will always be me, that's when the boss's son comes in, he is smoking hot.

If Manu weren't watching me when I served each, I would ask him out. Today I was late for the third time this week and in a row and it couldn't get any worse than it's already is with Abby been sick and my mum was helping yesterday and the day before that. 

She promised Jessica prior Abby was getting sick, she would help her out with her two kids. So I had to make sure that Abby is dressed, fed and ready to catch the bus which we missed, being cold I didn't want to walk, so I risked our grocery money on a taxi Abby was warm

"Your late again, Melissa." Manu, the manager, spoke. As Abby and I walked into the bustling cafe. I huffed, taking Abby into a booth next to the counter.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find anyone to look after Abby, and I missed the bus and had to get a catch a taxi," I replied, puffed from getting out of the taxi and into the cafe. "I don't care, just put on your apron and get out there we're slammed," Manu spoke. Looking out, I saw three people — one of them the boss's son.

"He's here take his order, and we need to talk," Manu told me, I sighed, I knew I was in hot water with him. I washed my hands, grabbing a pad and pen. I went over to Abby first and told her I would get her a drink after I served the boss's son. 

She looked up and saw him working hard on his computer when he looked at her, he smiled at her back, and she immediately went back to looking at his computer screen.

I walked over to our boss's son, tucking my hair behind my ear away from my face walking over to our boss's handsome son. "Mr. Wood, how are you today," I asked. He looked up from his computer smiling 

"good, thank you; it's about time I got some service. I've been sitting here for an hour, and your manager wouldn't take my order," he asked like he was angry. He was supposed to be kind and caring, not an arrogant man. "I am so sorry," I replied I wanted to say that Manu was probably doing it to get me fired, but I knew better not to say it in front of him. 

"Is that your daughter?" He questioned me, starring Abby.

"Yes, my mum had to go back home and help my oldest sister with her kids. She has the flu," I explained.