"As long as you'll have me." Rose pressed her lips to his. "Is that a yes?"

"What do you think?" she asked. Alex grinned, rolling them over, so she was on his lap. "Alex!" she squealed.

"Shh!" he laughed, sitting up. "you're not supposed to be here remember." She bit her lip. "Do you want me to explain still?"

"You did promise, but only if you feel like it."

"I'll tell you, my love." Alex kissed her, nibbling on her lower lip. "You're nothing like her," he whispered, "I'm sorry for comparing you to her."

"It's alright," Rose replied, her voice just as low as his.

"My first wife, admitted to me, shortly after our marriage, that she never loved me, and only married me hoping that I would turn her," he said. "I was heartbroken, at first, but then decided that I would do as she wished, and let her go. I had hoped that she would return to me after some time, realizing her mistake."

"Did you do it?"

"No," he replied. "I was about too, but she had conceived. She asked me to anyway, but I refused since the child would not have made it through the process, and she most likely wouldn't have either. A few days later, she came to my room her stomach bleeding. I thought she'd done it to herself, but she said that when she told George she was pregnant, he attacked her. I later found out that he thought that was how we turn people."

"Is he like you?" Rose asked.

"No, he hired someone to attack you, I was taking care of that while I was gone."

"Did you try to save her?"

"I tried to, but it didn't work. George came after me and stabbed me." He took his shirt off, showing Rose his chest. "That's what this scar is." She gently touched the lighter colored skin. "Thankfully he missed my heart, but I was too weak to do anything for a while."

"Alex," she whispered, pressing her hand against his heart. "I'm sorry." He smiled, putting his hand over hers.

"I wanted to give you a chance to love me for me, and not use me for what I am. That's why I waited to tell you."

"Technically you didn't tell me."

"Vampire," he said.

"I know, but you didn't tell me you showed me."

"Would you like me to show you again?" She noticed his canines get longer, and her breath caught. Rose touched his upper lip, lifting it up slightly, to get a closer look. "Careful," he attempted to say. "they're sharp."

"Why didn't I feel them when we were kissing earlier?"

"They're shorter than my other teeth when I'm not using them."

"What makes them come out?"

"The thought of feeding."

"How long can they get?"

"I'm not going to look like a walrus, sweetheart." Rose giggled, taking her hand away, and kissing him. "They get as long as I need them to be." She moved her hair to the side, exposing her neck. Alex sat up more and pulled her against him. "Don't jump this time," he whispered, licking the spot he bit before, and then kissing a new place. "From now on, this is your warning, understand?"

"Yes, Alex." Rose felt his teeth sink in, as he held her tighter, one hand in her hair the other on her back. She closed her eyes, letting out a soft moan, her hand moving to the back of his head. "My Alexzander," she whispered. Rose tried to look down, but he growled, putting her head back where it was. "Oh!" she gasped.